Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Great Redszone Gathering At Cinergy Field

How about Friday's or Applebees across the river.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I might be able to make it down from MI.

Sounds like the In Between is the winner.

I'll bet if you used travel mugs, they wouldn't care. It's the peeing in the parking lot that probably ticks them off! Not that I've ever done such a thing! :angel:
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Man, wish I could come...if this goes well, is there any chance at all that it could be done again on the Sept 12-15 homestand vs the Cubbies???

Hope you guys (and gals) have a fantastic time and the Redlegs win too!

should we send someone or someones a little early, before the downtown friday happy hour gets rolling?

looking forward to a fun night.

sc,

we have tickets to the saturday game that weekend.
    so, if there are people who want to meet up before/after the game then, i'm always ready to have an adult beverage or two.

So then.... we're looking at meeting at the In Between Tavern then huh? Doe anyone want to 2nd the motion?

So basically it's right in downtown in front of the stadium, so we can park just about anywhere around the stadium and walk there. Sounds good to me.

Ok...what time do we all plan to meet? What is the best time to get there on a Friday to beat any happy hour crowd? Or let me rephrase that... what time do we need to get there to be part of that happy hour crowd?

Any time is fine for me. Some where around 5?

Finally... are we all then going to meet at a certain place at the stadium in order to get our tickets together?

This thing is shaping up

I will still park at the Westin (or one block north at Fountain Square)... entrances to both are on Vine (Westin, between 4th and 5th; Fountain Square, between 5th and 6th).

Chip? What's the time in order to get the $1 rate... 5 o'clock? BTW, when I went to the game last night, the Westin parking garage was open to monthly key card patrons only due to some construction work, so I drove a block further and parked under Fountain Square (steps from the elevator take you to the Westin Lobby). Don't know how long this project will take.

You would then walk east to Main (2 blocks), hang a right... the Inbetween Tavern is at the bottom of the street on the right (2 blocks). Or, and this is probably the easiest, just walk 2 blocks south on Walnut (the Westin sits between Vine and Walnut), hang a left at 3rd, and it's just a couple blocks to the Tavern. It's more visible from 3rd as the outside portion faces the street.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 08-10-2002 at 03:05 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Yeah, 5 is the starting point for $1 parking at Fountain square. So, are we gonna have to do a poll here to decide where we should meet? Looks like some want to meet at Friday's in Covington and some want to meet at the In-Between right by the stadium.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I'm suppose to be in Toronto that night, but those plans may change. If I'm in town, count me in! The InBetween is a super idea. Willie's is also another option with ample free parking and a shuttle to and from the game. Hope to see you there.

Since I am not familiar with the area as much as alot of you, I realy don't know the best place to meet at. But it looks like it is down to 3 places... the InBetween, Willie's, and Fridays.

As the people going to come grows we need to consider this on which ever establishment we choose...

ample room to handle us all

can we pay to park there and go to the game. Or is it's locale close enough to the stadium where we can park where we want and then just meet there?

And don't we also need to have a place to meet at the stadium to get all our tickets together. Didn't I hear that one of the above places also sells tickets or has a place next door that does (Westin?) ?

I can see this may come down to a jello wrestling finals!

I don't care where we meet as long as they serve beer... and Chip prefers a place that carries Heinz!

Willie's isn't a bad idea. Easy to get to. Mega free parking. Lots of bar and table space inside. And if you don't want to take the Willie's free shuttle over to the park, you can pick up the TANK bus at the bottom of the parking lot for 50 cents. Willies in Montgomery has worked with us before for groups, I imagine this one would too.
    Last edited by creek14; 08-11-2002 at 10:31 AM.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Willies is right across the bridge in KY isn't it? I think you can see it from 75 (if it is the one I'm thinking of).

I looked, but I guess you can't post polls on here anymore can you? I was going to post one to see which place everyone would liike to meet at.

So it is possible for us all to meet at Willie's and then catch a shuttle over to the stadium? I'm also assuming they'll give you a ride back after the game (DUH! )

This might be a great idea. We could all ride over together and then get our tickets at the gate.

GAC sweetie, Chip posted a poll.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Yeah... i just saw it!

It's neck and neck race between Willie's and the In Between

Turn Off Ads?