Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is Dunn in Marty's doghouse?

Re: Why is Dunn in Marty's doghouse?

Quote Originally Posted by 2001MUgrad
    Maybe it wasn't offered. Maybe its a bad opinion that his defense was better, I have no clue. I'm not going to pretend to have seen players play that were retired when I was born. I will say that a team is a team. There are 9 individuals as well as a bench full of players that are working together to attempt to score more RUNS than the other team. Each member has their role. Ryan Freels roll is not to hit HR's and drive in runs, his roll is to get on base, steal bases, and score runs quite similar to Pete Rose on the BRM. Adam Dunn's job is to knock in runs plain and simple knock them in doesn't matter how this is accomplished. Not work hard and get a walk with runners in scoring position.
    If you say so.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

2. Turn Off Ads?

Maybe it wasn't offered. Maybe its a bad opinion that his defense was better, I have no clue. I'm not going to pretend to have seen players play that were retired when I was born. I will say that a team is a team. There are 9 individuals as well as a bench full of players that are working together to attempt to score more RUNS than the other team. Each member has their role. Ryan Freels roll is not to hit HR's and drive in runs, his roll is to get on base, steal bases, and score runs quite similar to Pete Rose on the BRM. Adam Dunn's job is to knock in runs plain and simple knock them in doesn't matter how this is accomplished. Not work hard and get a walk with runners in scoring position.
    So is it okay then if Freel and Lopez hit .200 with RISP? After all, their job is just to get on base and score right?

[QUOTE=TRF]But that wasn't the arguement. It was whether or not Casey has power. He does when he's healthy.

But he's never healthy. He has shown flashes of power but that's it. Fans like yourself who are knowledgable about the stats are great. But too much time is being spent on " If Casey could just stay healthy" or " If they would just give WMP a full season of at bat's " Ted Williams could have had over 700 homers if not for two wars but he wound up with 521. There is no statistic called "could of" or "if only".

I think you have misunderstood the discussion, and I'll leave it at that.
    Suck it up cupcake.

2 of Caseys biggest HR years occured in the years 99-00, which just happen to be the biggest hitting years in 70 odd years, 61 guys had 25 HR's in 99, 42 last year.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    2 of Caseys biggest HR years occured in the years 99-00, which just happen to be the biggest hitting years in 70 odd years, 61 guys had 25 HR's in 99, 42 last year.
    How many in 2004?

I'm just saying Casey has power. Not Adam Dunn power, but in 2004, in different ways they ended up with a pretty similar OPS. Casey has EBH power. When healthy, he's good for 35+ doubles and 20+ HR's.

He's just never healthy.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Adam Dunn's job is to knock in runs plain and simple knock them in doesn't matter how this is accomplished. Not work hard and get a walk with runners in scoring position.
    He does knock runs in. He does it better than about 95% of the league. So why are you down on him for not hacking at bad pitches?
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 04-19-2006 at 02:57 PM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Perhaps that email did the trick... I forgot who sent it.
    Pedro?

Anyway, I think Marty was too busy mocking Jimbo to engage in the useal Dunn attacks.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    I think you have misunderstood the discussion, and I'll leave it at that.
    What part am I missing? I thought we were talking about Sean Casey and power?

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath
    What part am I missing? I thought we were talking about Sean Casey and power?
    Casey has power. He just needs a healthier body.
    Suck it up cupcake.

He has speed, too. He just needs a thinner body.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    He has speed, too. He just needs a thinner body.
    He could be Callista Flockhart skinny and I could out run him while changing a bay's diaper.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Each players role is to not make an out the best possible way they can, and help others not make an out if they can...

(e.g. by driving up pitch counts, threatening to take bases, etc.)

That will differ from Freel to Dunn to whoever..

edit: added examples
    Last edited by GullyFoyle; 04-19-2006 at 04:07 PM.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

He has gap power, that's about it. He doesn't have a HR stroke, he has a "hit it the other way" kinda slap stroke. Sean Casey reminds me exactly of Hal Morris, and Hal wasn't known for power either.

I know you won't believe it, but a 100% healthy Sean Casey would probably top out at 30 HR, and even that's probably generous. Pretty sure 25 is his limit.

I don't get Marty's doughouse. Both Dunn and EE are in it.

Turn Off Ads?