Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Should I pick up Clemens??

Should I pick up Clemens??

Clemens was just dropped to the waiver wire in one of my leagues. I am debating if I should try to pick him up and hope he comes back.

Guys I'd debate dropping to pick him up are....

Blanton
    Polanco
    Weeks
    Winn

My current starters are:

Lackey
    Haren
    Patterson
    Blanton
    Buerhle

and I have Liriano just waiting to dominate.

Pitching stats are W, CG, SV, ERA, K, BB, HR

Should I try to pick him up?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Should I pick up Clemens??

I think Clemens will return, I just don't know when. I don't think he'll sign untill late in the season. Maybe by the trade deadline?!?

I wouldn't give up much to get him, but that's just my opinion. My league doesn't have bench spots, so there's no place to hide him untill he returns. Your situation may be different. Good luck.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

I think you could risk dropping Polanco and Winn for him, if you've got the bench space.

It's early. There should be just as valuable players as those for your bench down the road should you need them.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I too would drop Winn and Polanco and pick up Clemens and see what happens. If he doesn't return you can always find a replacement of close to similar value of the 2 you are considering dropping.

I went ahead and put in a claim for Clemens with me dropping Winn. I'm in the middle of the pack in the waiver wire claim so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Turn Off Ads?