Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Group Therapy

WHOOOOOO!

Group Therapy

My name is Nick and I am a Reds fan.
    It is kind of being addicted to something that is why I started this off with my name and an admission of my problem. The thing about being a "true believer" type of fan is that the highs are so high and the lows are so low. I think that a lot of us are in this category, though, countless numbers of us have become cynical over the years. It seems that each of the past 10-years, with some exception, have started the same way for me. The Reds show some early promise and then we comiserate here after a key loss (usually to the Cardinals) and talk about these feelings and I end up becoming Mr. Negativity. I say no more. The Reds are going to come back to GABP and lay the smackdown on the Marlins. They will only go as far as the starters and our powerful offense will take them. The bullpen cannot be counted on. This is not the recipe for immediate success, but give the new Front Office crew some time. This is not the year we get back to the playoffs. I have come to terms with that. This is the year for all of us to start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. That light may not include Jerry Narron or some of our favorite players, but we finally have an owner who will do the little things we need to do to win. We also have a little pitching, so we don't have to worry about the swoons of the past. We will have to endure the pratfalls like today, but a change is in the air. For now let's hope for a .500 team this year and cheer for today, but also for our future. Things are about to change in Redsland and we need to change as well. I feel better already.
    If we weren't all crazy we would go insane.-Jimmy Buffett

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Group Therapy

The past 5 or 6 years I've just hoped that the Reds can remain in contention of at least a Wild Card until August. After that there is football to watch, but unforunately it has been getting earlier and earlier that they have been knocked out of contention.

Turn Off Ads?