Turn Off Ads?

Thread: All in all, it was a successful road trip (and a look ahead)

All in all, it was a successful road trip (and a look ahead)

Yes todays loss hurt, but all is not lost. We went to St. Louis and to Chicago and came out no worse then when we left. If I had told you before before the trip if you would take a .500 road trip, 98% of us would have said yes. The pitching outside of Williams (I think Arroyo's day today was an aberration) was pretty good. The bullpen pitched much better then it did the first week of the season.

Play decent on the road, and take care of business at home.

Home record: 4-2
    road record: 3-3

Marlins/Reds pitching matchup

Monday, April 17

Brian Moehler, RHP (0-2, 13.50) @ Brandon Claussen, LHP (0-1, 5.40)

Scouting Report:
    Solid in his last outing, Vargas evened his record by tossing six innings of two-run ball. The left-hander was on the winning end against the Padres, logging 100 pitches. While he issued five walks, Vargas was able to battle out of trouble. Of late, he had struggled with location on his pitches. The victory was his first since he tossed a complete-game against the Dodgers last Aug. 21. In 2005, Vargas faced the Reds once, collecting a win after giving up one run in 6 1/3 innings.

Through his first two starts this season, Milton appears to be much improved from the pitcher who went 8-15 with a 6.47 ERA last season. In Thursday's 8-3 win over the Cubs at Wrigley Field, the lefty threw 6 2/3 innings and allowed three runs (two earned) with two walks and five strikeouts. While better at keeping the ball down thus far, he has gradually increased his velocity and improved leg strength to finish his pitches.

Tuesday, April 18

Jason Vargas, LHP (1-1, 5.73) @ Eric Milton, LHP (2-0, 2.63)

Scouting Report:
    Solid in his last outing, Vargas evened his record by tossing six innings of two-run ball. The left-hander was on the winning end against the Padres, logging 100 pitches. While he issued five walks, Vargas was able to battle out of trouble. Of late, he had struggled with location on his pitches. The victory was his first since he tossed a complete-game against the Dodgers last Aug. 21. In 2005, Vargas faced the Reds once, collecting a win after giving up one run in 6 1/3 innings.

Through his first two starts this season, Milton appears to be much improved from the pitcher who went 8-15 with a 6.47 ERA last season. In Thursday's 8-3 win over the Cubs at Wrigley Field, the lefty threw 6 2/3 innings and allowed three runs (two earned) with two walks and five strikeouts. While better at keeping the ball down thus far, he has gradually increased his velocity and improved leg strength to finish his pitches.

Wednesday, April 19

Dontrelle Willis, LHP (1-0, 1.93) @ Aaron Harang, RHP (2-1, 5.30)

Scouting Report:
    April remains a strong month for the D-Train, who improved to 9-0 in the month for his career after he logged a victory last Friday night against the Nationals. Although he battled for 5 2/3 innings, throwing 113 pitches, the left-hander was able to work out of jams. Willis had enjoyed two strong outings with no decisions, and he had three straight no-decisions dating back to last year, when he won an MLB-high 22 games.

Harang will have to work hard to top his last outing. He was masterful against the Cardinals with seven shutout innings. He allowed just four hits and one walk while fanning four. Harang hung an 0-for-9 on the Cardinals' celebrated trio of Albert Pujols, Jim Edmonds and Scott Rolen in the middle of the lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: All in all, it was a successful road trip (and a look ahead)

while today's loss was a tough one, a 3-3 road trip, with Junior missing the final 3 games completely, is nothing to be upset about and at least the marlins are coming into town. The Reds should really take at least two of three from the fish, with a series sweep being a real possibility. The Reds just can't let Cabrera beat them in the upcoming series like Pujols did today.
    Last edited by MasonBuzz3; 04-16-2006 at 07:58 PM.

I agree not bad. Let's hope the Reds this year play better at home than the do on the road. If they play .500 on the road there is no reason they can't stay in this thing until the end.

I said in a thread they'd most likely end the Road Trip at 3 and 3 but would come really close to getting 4-2.

I like the pitching match-ups for the next 3 games.

Reds when them all.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

I get Brandon Claussen and Brian Moehler after an hour drive and some Frisch's .

Wow.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Better win 2 out 3 on this mini homestand.......Willis will be a tough beat......

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    I get Brandon Claussen and Brian Moehler after an hour drive and some Frisch's .

Wow.
    Was the frisch's at least good?
    Go Gators!

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Was the frisch's at least good?
    So you are saying that the marketing department has it's work cut out trying to hype Bradon "the iresistable force" Claussen vs. Brian "the immovable object" Moehler?

Any guesses on what attendance will be tonight? I am going to go out on a limb and say more people will appear in the Redszone Game Thread.

Kearns is hitting cleanup tonight. Phillips is at 2B again. Is Womack hurt? He hasn't played since Friday...not that I'm complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM
    Kearns is hitting cleanup tonight. Phillips is at 2B again. Is Womack hurt? He hasn't played since Friday...not that I'm complaining.
    Where did you see this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

USA Today website. I guess I could have started the game thread, huh?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/score.../MLB671748.htm

Turn Off Ads?