Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Terrible. Awful. Pathetic. Bad. Bad. Bad.

Re: Terrible. Awful. Pathetic. Bad. Bad. Bad.

A loss is never good. But, I thought it was actually a pretty good game. Not the best played game I've ever seen, but there was never a dull moment either. Beats the heck out of yesterdays game though.
    I'm East of you. Be very very worried. Not quite OBX. But, be worried.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redmachine2003
    Didn't Phillips hit the bad hard each time up but right at someone? Even his fly outs to left got out there in a hurry.
    I was upset that he always swung at the first pitch.

Why the heck does Quinton BUNT when he just hit a home run in his first at bat??
    I'm relatively sure that wasn't his decision, aren't you?

Why can Arroyo hit HR's but not lay down a sac bunt??
    He can. We've seen him do it. Just not today.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 04-16-2006 at 11:22 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    Put any closer in there and Pujols still has a decent chance of hitting a walk-off home run (leadoff runner notwithstanding). The guy is the best hitter in the game. He deserves some credit.

Besides, if you don't pitch to Pujols in that situation, the winning run is on base with Rolen at bat. That's not so rosy either.

I can come up with situations today where the mighty Cards failed to execute too (Juan Encarnacion). It happens.
    Paint,
    I agree with you that Pujols will get his, but you can't let him beat you!!!! I would have put him on, but not by walking him, by plunking him in the ribs or the rear end. I know that goes against covential wisdom (and is actually not very nice), but I could see his third homer of the game coming a mile away, if we pitched to him, we did and it did. Unfortunately.

The good news, it's only one game. I hope it does not have a negative lasting effect. It was a great game and the Reds showed a lot of grit coming back, just couldn't get it done today.

Quote Originally Posted by 2001MUgrad
    Do what I did. Turn off the TV. Turn off the Radio. Take a deep breath! Count to 10 and its all better

I just vented about how i hated pujols and such. I do hate him.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by 2001MUgrad
    Do what I did. Turn off the TV. Turn off the Radio. Take a deep breath! Count to 10 and its all better
    At least you haven't started calling for a boycott yet.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500
    Neg him
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/member.php?u=4104
    Go Gators!

If the Reds had a dominant relief pitcher, this game would have been won.

Arroyo will have his bad days. We've seen how good he can be, and now we've seen how bad he can be, but the offense provided enough runs to win, but without a clampdown guy at the beck end, games like today will continue to happen.

Today's game was a microcosm of what will be the 2006 season.

I'm starting to get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500
    I gained even more respect for Mr. Scott Rolen after again watching the highlights of the game on ESPN. After he hit his homerun he just simply dropped his head and ran around the bases. What a classy individual who never shows anyone up. I love watching that guy. Everytime a ball is hit his way you just know it's an automatic out.

Pujols could learn a thing or two from Rolen. Pujols walks 10 feet down the line, throws his bat to the ground, and watches his homerun until it lands. As for the walkoff homerun, . Pujols hopped in the air as if he had just hit a walkoff homerun in game 7 of the World Series - reminded me of Joe Carter's celebration in 1993. And to top it off, as he was rounding third he started running like he was Forest Gump. Dude, you just won your seventh game of the regular season, not the World Series.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    I gained even more respect for Mr. Scott Rolen after again watching the highlights of the game on ESPN. After he hit his homerun he just simply dropped his head and ran around the bases. What a classy individual who never shows anyone up. I love watching that guy. Everytime a ball is hit his way you just know it's an automatic out.
    It's too bad Reds' ownership wouldn't approve the added payroll to bring him to Cincinnati.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine

Pujols could learn a thing or two from Rolen. Pujols walks 10 feet down the line, throws his bat to the ground, and watches his homerun until it lands. As for the walkoff homerun, . Pujols hopped in the air as if he had just hit a walkoff homerun in game 7 of the World Series - reminded me of Joe Carter's celebration in 1993. And to top it off, as he was rounding third he started running like he was Forest Gump. Dude, you just won your seventh game of the regular season, not the World Series.
    Deep......Cleansing breaths.......Count to ten.

Relax.

Breathe.....

I feel my blood pressure starting to rise just reading some of OBM's posts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    It's too bad Reds' ownership wouldn't approve the added payroll to bring him to Cincinnati.
    Yep. Rolen has always been one of my favorites. He is the best defensive third sacker that I have ever seen play. It seems like he gets to every ball hit his way.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

One of those bombs and possibly two were inside enough to jam up a mere mortal hitter. Pujols...not so much. Give the guy credit,he's probably the best hitter in the game right now, no matter who is pitching.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    His reputation is -18

Okay, maybe I was overreacting. The point is though, what mad me mad, is that we were so close, yet we gave it away. Fought so hard, then gave the game away on stupid mistakes.

I don't care, just never pitch to Pujols again please.

Can we call some crappy pitcher up for the sole purpose of beaming Pujols?
    BARRY LARKIN -- BEST PLAYER EVER.

Turn Off Ads?