Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4-16 Minor League Scores and Updates

Re: 4-16 Minor League Scores and Updates

Bubba vs. the Bong - who makes it to the ML first. Being that he has been there in the parts of the last 2 years my money is on the bong. He seems to be getting hit pretty hard but didn't really have much spring training due to the Classic where he was used sparingly (due to the heavier drug testing).

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by tbball10
    my post was meant as a joke, and i didn't think it was that big of a deal, because people make similar posts like this all the time about ryan freel.
    I hear you...I'm sure you meant no harm.

I think the Ryan Freel DUI angle has been played out too. Being a public figure, even a minor one like a baseball player, means your dirty laundry is going to get aired. I think at some point you have to refrain from drawing conclusions from limited data, though. It's one thing for a player with a history of bad behavior gets his name on the blotter. But anyone can make one mistake, and it shouldn't dog you forever.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    IIRC, EXBRAVEDAD wasn't happy with the Braves org., either. Seems to be a pattern developing here. While I agree that the one poster was out of line, I don't think EXBRAVEDAD should be given a free pass for coming back here and mooning his son's former org.
    I don't greatly begrudge him.

I understand the frustration that can be involved with having "inside" information that you don't feel comfortable divulging for many reasons (including possible adverse impacts on the person you got the information from -- in thsi case, his son). I'm sure Bubba's dad has more than his fair share of information that would cause him to dislike the Reds -- I'd be upset if someone jerked around and mismanaged the career of someone I cared about.

I echo Steel's comments -- I'd like (someday) to get some stories about how and what the Reds did with Bubba. It'd be a revealing look, from the ground, as to what is potentially going wrong with the pitching development in this organization.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

listen I can live with the comments about Bubba and his DUI which by the way was tossed out due to no probable cause and he was given reckless driving. But the guy who said that I was not pleased with the Braves is dead wrong. Bubba was 30 minutes from being a Brave again. I was extremely pleased with the development that Bubba got when he was with the Braves. I will tell you one story that happened to Bubba when he was with the Reds and trust me there are many that I cant share with you. When Bubba was struggleing when he first got there and I wont tell you any names. Bubba went to a coach looking for help and you know what his answer was? Bubba put some Ws on the board and you will get help. I cant speak for coaches in the lower levels but when they move up in my opinion development is not what it should be. There needs to be in my opinion major changes in player development when it comes to pitchers. I will also tell you this I took Bubba back to a familiar coach after his season and when he saw what had been changed in Bubba he said you have got to be kidding me no wonder they dont F#$@n win. Now that said there are some good people in that Org. I just dont think that they are all on the same page as far as development goes or and I say again certain people just cant teach it.I hope the Reds and the Bonger and Belisle and all the other guys that Bubba met along the way the utmost success. Are the Reds heading in the right direction ? Time will tell its going to take a few years.

Again, sorry if i offended anyone, though i meant no harm. just a joke, but i should've chose better words to say what i wanted.

Dont worry about it tbball10 Bubba made a stupid mistake and he has to live with it. there have been alot worse things said than that. Players are a part of society as well and will do dumb things when they are young. It is when you keep repeating those same mistakes that you dont learn from them.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=55

Here's the comment I was referring to. Perhaps you didn't mean much by it, but I took that then as a shot at the Braves org. Now, you're taking shots at the Reds org.

Obviously, the Reds have a checkered past in developing pitchers, but I just thought it was kinda bush to come on here and say you're glad Bubba stuck it to his old org. I'll leave it at that.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

nevermind
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=55

Here's the comment I was referring to. Perhaps you didn't mean much by it, but I took that then as a shot at the Braves org. Now, you're taking shots at the Reds org.

Obviously, the Reds have a checkered past in developing pitchers, but I just thought it was kinda bush to come on here and say you're glad Bubba stuck it to his old org. I'll leave it at that.
    IMO, the Reds organization of the past few years deserves to receive shots.

Quote Originally Posted by EX BRAVEDAD
    listen I can live with the comments about Bubba and his DUI which by the way was tossed out due to no probable cause and he was given reckless driving. But the guy who said that I was not pleased with the Braves is dead wrong. Bubba was 30 minutes from being a Brave again. I was extremely pleased with the development that Bubba got when he was with the Braves. I will tell you one story that happened to Bubba when he was with the Reds and trust me there are many that I cant share with you. When Bubba was struggleing when he first got there and I wont tell you any names. Bubba went to a coach looking for help and you know what his answer was? Bubba put some Ws on the board and you will get help. I cant speak for coaches in the lower levels but when they move up in my opinion development is not what it should be. There needs to be in my opinion major changes in player development when it comes to pitchers. I will also tell you this I took Bubba back to a familiar coach after his season and when he saw what had been changed in Bubba he said you have got to be kidding me no wonder they dont F#$@n win. Now that said there are some good people in that Org. I just dont think that they are all on the same page as far as development goes or and I say again certain people just cant teach it.I hope the Reds and the Bonger and Belisle and all the other guys that Bubba met along the way the utmost success. Are the Reds heading in the right direction ? Time will tell its going to take a few years.
    Thanks for the story Ex_Bravedad. It is absolutely amazing, but unfortunately not surprising. A player without the wins are the ones that should be getting the most help, and when a player comes to a coach for help and he turns the player down, that is inexcusable. I wish Bubba future success with the Padres.

Turn Off Ads?