Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do the Collapse

Man Pills

Do the Collapse

We all know it's coming. We all sniff it on the horizon--be it now or the middle of May--the fierce losing skid that signals the end. When RS and RA go careening in opposite directions and fans pull out their football jerseys and Street and Smith college ball guides.

So what's the first white-flag move by Krivsky?

If I had to guess, I'd say M2 was psychic in his guess of Kearns to Minnesota. They're finally getting it together pitching-wise, but they still could use another bat. It's my pick as the bellwether move: Kearns for _______ (hopefully two arms) from Minnesota.

What's your white-flagger?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Do the Collapse

Oh God
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Panic!
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Oh God
    Yes.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Having watched WK in action to this point I would have no idea.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Love the thread title.

Honestly, hopefully Krivsky entered the season with a list of guys he's willing to move as soon as he gets his price.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Love the thread title.

Honestly, hopefully Krivsky entered the season with a list of guys he's willing to move as soon as he gets his price.
    hopefully it starts with Milton and Jr if you really want to rebuild
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Mr. Buckles would be much better if the the Reds got some pitching.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    hopefully it starts with Milton and Jr if you really want to rebuild
    Absolutely. But I don't think those two will be first out the door. Teams will want more of an assurance that these two will stay healthy and productive--so probably around the deadline, if at all.

But the point of the thread is to name the first deal, the deal that throws other moves into motion.

Don't count on getting Baker for Kearns - he outpitched Mussina on Friday night and if he registers a few more quality starts - the expectation will be that he will be Radke's replacement in 2007. Liriano is a stud and the Twins won't trade him, either.
    So what do you think a suitable offer for Kearns would be? How about Morneau?

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread
    Don't count on getting Baker for Kearns - he outpitched Mussina on Friday night and if he registers a few more quality starts - the expectation will be that he will be Radke's replacement in 2007. Liriano is a stud and the Twins won't trade him, either.
    So what do you think a suitable offer for Kearns would be? How about Morneau?
    If they're smart and Kearns is OPSing @ 1.000 in mid-May, they'd be very wise to consider Baker for Kearns.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    If they're smart and Kearns is OPSing @ 1.000 in mid-May, they'd be very wise to consider Baker for Kearns.
    If Kearns is OPSing 1.000 in mid-may, why on earth would we trade him for a prospect whose ceiling is a 3-4 starter? Baker is over-valued by the Twins, just as Radke was. Don't undervalue Kearns. If you must trade him, you can get far more talent than Baker.
    Last edited by Betterread; 04-16-2006 at 10:33 PM.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    At least he's shown the willingness to actually do something, even if I'm not universally in favor of what he does, so yeah, we could see a lot of churn this year. Really, my list of "I'd be shocked if he was traded this year" guys numbers less than ten, and that's for the entire organization.
    Not all who wander are lost

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread
    If Kearns is OPSing 1.000 in mid-may, why on earth would we trade him for a prospect whose ceiling is a 3-4 starter?
    Because we have a rotation consisting of a #2 and three #5 starters, plus a guy who has no business in the majors.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 04-16-2006 at 10:34 PM.

Come on Arroyo and Claussen at least have potential to be 3's
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?