Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Male Country Singer?

Hybrid View

Favorite Male Country Singer?

Of all the male country singers who is your favorite?
    [B]RANDY :dancingco :dancingco :dancingco [B][

***What doesn't kill you, will make you a better man.

Re: Favorite Male Country Singer?

My favorite male singer is definitely Alan Jackson!
    [B]RANDY :dancingco :dancingco :dancingco [B][

***What doesn't kill you, will make you a better man.

I haven't listened to country in a few years. Modern country seems to be toned down rock anymore.

I am, and always will be, huge Garth Brooks and George Strait fans though.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    I haven't listened to country in a few years. Modern country seems to be toned down rock anymore.

I am, and always will be, huge Garth Brooks and George Strait fans though.
    sava, it sounds like you need to take a good listen to my favorite country artist, Brad Paisley.

One of the nicest and most humble guys there is, and he's country. He does rock it up with his guitar wizardry sometimes, though.

You can't go wrong with George Strait.

Johnny Cash. Followed closely by George Brooks and Alabama. Some other old stuff I like... everything else: all this new country crap is unlistenable drivel, IMO. JMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

I would have to choose between Brad Paisley and Keith Urban. Although I cannot stand Celebrity, every other song is great. Keith Urban is a great guitar player and a better songwriter.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

George Jones hands down, then Willie and then Merle.

New guys, Charlie Robison and Chris Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Yes.

Also Marty Robbins, Buck Owens, Conway Twitty, and Hank.

Pay attention to the open sky

Man Pills

New guys, Charlie Robison and Chris Knight.
    The Possum. There is no other. (Though yes, I like Willie, too).

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    The Possum. There is no other. (Though yes, I like Willie, too).
    I knew of Jones from older folks, TV and such... then one day I saw him on TV and his voice ripped into me... I probably own 25 GJ CD's now... give me the Billy Sherrill Years any day of the week.

Man Pills

I knew of Jones from older folks, TV and such... then one day I saw him on TV and his voice ripped into me... I probably own 25 GJ CD's now... give me the Billy Sherrill Years any day of the week.
    I saw George live twice when I lived in Nashville. And saw him at the Green Hills Mall, debated pestering him for an autograph, thought the better of it--but still stalked him through the mall.

I saw George live twice when I lived in Nashville. And saw him at the Green Hills Mall, debated pestering him for an autograph, thought the better of it--but still stalked him through the mall.
    I've seen him twice, and in two places that were so disimilar that it's funny in retrospect.

The first was in Georgia, about 60 miles north of Atlanta, drove on 400 until the road turned to 2 lane (that's the road Smokey and the Bandit was filmed on) then the concert was at this stage under an open air barn without walls, there were bails of hay, little kids in gingham and men with overalls and no shirts.

The second time was at a small theater on Nob Hill in San Francisco, we had to park at one of the 5 Star Hotels like the Fairmont and the show was full of overly educated white folks in evening garb.

Arcanum Ohio via Nashville Tn and Jackson MS.

FCB, I used to live in Green Hills. Ever go to the Blubird Cafe? Was a big hangout for future singers and songwriters. Never saw George there but saw him a lot at the Hall of Fame bar in the Best Western on 16th avenue.

Dwight Yoakam

Turn Off Ads?