Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disturbing Commercials

Re: Disturbing Commercials

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75
    Have any of you seen the new VW commercials, where the vehicle is involved in a crash.

Those scenes just bother me. Not sure what it is about them, unless it's the fact the view is from inside the car being hit!

Anyone else feel that way?
    That commercial gets me too. I've been in a few accidents (only as a passenger), and I think that has something to do with it. It's that view you get over the guy's shoulder with the car colliding. You almost want to jump up and tell him to watch out.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Have any of you seen the new VW commercials, where the vehicle is involved in a crash.

Those scenes just bother me. Not sure what it is about them, unless it's the fact the view is from inside the car being hit!

I agree with you 100% man about those commercials. I myself with my mom was in two bad wrecks,and everytime I see those commercials I automaticly think about those two wrecks and it isn't something I want to remember.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

I think wolfboy and WVPacman have hit the nail on the head for me. The VW ads bother me most, simply because I've been in several bad accidents, one with my Mom where we were hit head on. And my wife and I, where we were rear-ended. 11 years later We still deal with a lot of pain and I almost debilitating back trouble from that one, so needless to say the car crash ones bother me!

The King ads are equally creepy and Team Morris is dead on as to my reaction if I opened my window and saw that.

Have you seen the latest, where the King wakes up and everyone is surrounding his bed staring at him! Disturbed!

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

I just witnessed that commercial for the first time last night.

It scared the crap out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB
    I just witnessed that commercial for the first time last night.

It scared the crap out of me.

Exactly!! just think what people who have been in very bad wrecks in their lifes think about.Everytime I see it the memorys come back and it puts chills all threw my body.I don't like the commercials at all and I try to hurry a turn the channel whenthey come on.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

I Still Miss Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    The first time I saw the VW car crash ad, it caught me completely by surprise and I about jumped out of my skin.
    I felt the same way.
    Now whenever I see it I immediately switch channels. Makes me wish VW would go back to the old "Fahrevegnugen" (sp?) ads.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamMorris
    I have to agree with the Burger King commercials. They scare me!!! If I ever opened my door or shade in the morning and he was standing there...I would loose it!

The old Quizno's commercials with the singing hamsters or what ever they were use to freak me out a bit also. Some strange marketing with that one!
    The King is scary, but the hamsters are just a knock off from a very popular internet song.

http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Anybody remember the "We're Having Ravioli" song? That was more disturbing than a car wreck.
    Stick to your guns.

The Roaming Gnome on Travelocity's commercials. I think the driver on the VW commercial wigged out just like I do when I see the commercial.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

The Jim Scott Grippo's ads.

Turn Off Ads?