Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Trade Proposal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trade Proposal

I'm proposing a trade to a guy in our points-based league.

My roster:

C J. Willingham
    1B A. Pujols
    2B C. Utley
    3B C. Tracy
    SS B. Crosby
    CF J. Drew
    OF L. Berkman
    OF B. Hawpe
    Util J. Thome
    BN N. Johnson
    BN J. López
    BN C. Granderson
    DL N. Garciaparra
    SP J. Schmidt
    SP J. Papelbon
    SP D. Haren
    RP B. Lidge
    RP H. Street
    P J. Borowski
    BN E. Bedard
    BN R. Harden
    BN J. Peavy
    DL N. Lowry

My initial offer is Jim Thome and Jason Schmidt for Scott Rolen and Johnny Damon. I don't expect him to accept it, but it will get talks started. Any suggestions on how I could reasonably sweeten the deal?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Re: Trade Proposal

I think that's a pretty even deal. Haven't kept up with Schmidt this year, so I don't know how he's throwing, but I think Thome-Rolen are pretty even, and if Schmidt is throwing well, I think you could expect to get Damon back for him. I certainly wouldn't give up Peavy, Harden, Lidge, Papelbon or Street for Damon

What does his team need to improve on?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

He needs SPs pretty badly. He's also starting Raul Ibanez as his UT hitter, so he could use Thome's bat.

He's also carrying 6 closers (!) -- Dempster (SP/RP eligible), K-Rod, Valverde, Wagner, Gonzalez, and Francisco Cordero (who was waived by some idiot a couple of days ago).
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    He needs SPs pretty badly. He's also starting Raul Ibanez as his UT hitter, so he could use Thome's bat.

He's also carrying 6 closers (!) -- Dempster (SP/RP eligible), K-Rod, Valverde, Wagner, Gonzalez, and Francisco Cordero (who was waived by some idiot a couple of days ago).
    Then I think the offer if fair. Does he already have a 3B to slot in if he trades Rolen?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Then I think the offer if fair. Does he already have a 3B to slot in if he trades Rolen?
    I don't think he does, and that's probably what will hold up the deal. I don't want to add Chad Tracy unless he kicks in another quality player, and I don't really need any of his extra closers.

I don't think he does, and that's probably what will hold up the deal. I don't want to add Chad Tracy unless he kicks in another quality player, and I don't really need any of his extra closers.
    Could you get a closer that is worth enough that you could either keep him and trade one of your other closers for another need on your team, or turn around and trade the closer he's giving you for someone else of worth to your team?

If so, might be worth it to include Tracy if you really want Damon and Rolen.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I thought about asking for K-Rod and settling for Valverde. Then I could ditch Borowski or Valverde for an outfielder.

Valverde had a lot of value in week 1. Some publications really hyped him. He went in straight one for one deals of:

Valverde - Tim Hudson
    Valverde - Victor Martinez
    Valverde - C. Delgado

in week 1 according to ESPN.

He's been pretty good this season, although he hasn't gotten a ton of work yet. I doubt you'd get any of the players above, but you'd probably get a better OF in return than if you'd trade Borowski, who doesn't have as much perceived value.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I agree - Valverde would be a good trade target.

I just wanted to see if the original deal would be fair enough to peak the owner's interest. Sounds like it is.

Of course, this guy offered me Mark Ellis and Shea Hillenbrand for Rich Harden (well, he offered it, then immediately realized how stupid it was and cancelled it, but still...).

I agree - Valverde would be a good trade target.

I just wanted to see if the original deal would be fair enough to peak the owner's interest. Sounds like it is.

Of course, this guy offered me Mark Ellis and Shea Hillenbrand for Rich Harden (well, he offered it, then immediately realized how stupid it was and cancelled it, but still...).

I think the original trade is fair enough (and I'm pretty picky).

on that Harden trade. If you get some time, can you look at the thread I just posted about Hafner.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader

on that Harden trade.
    He called and apologized for offering it before I even knew he made the offer.

Turn Off Ads?