Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jeff Francouer...

Jeff Francouer...

OK, I just picked up Francoure (sp?) on waivers for JJ Hardy. I know he's been struggling a little bit this season. Anyone have any insight on why he's struggling, if he'll come out of it, or if he's bound for a sophomore slump after a torrid rookie campaign in the final couple of months.

I haven't seen him play yet this year, but i figured his upside was worth it and I can sit him on the pine and wait to see when/if he starts to put it together.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jeff Francouer...

He's got a poor batting eye, and pitchers have figured out that he'll hack at curveballs in the dirt and get himself out by swinging at bad pitches. He'll have to make some adjustments in order to be successful.

He's a gamble, but he does have a bit of upside.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Looks to be regaining some of his form within the last week

I also was interested in picking him up but decided to take Craig Wilson instead.

I figure I can sit him on the bench and see what develops. I'm in good shape up the middle w/ FeLo, Weeks and Nomar (assuming he's ever healthy) so I can live w/o JJ Hardy.

What positions is Nomar all eligible for?

Quote Originally Posted by kheidg-
    What positions is Nomar all eligible for?
    DL.

And SS and 3B. I've got him on one of my teams.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Hopefully, eventually 1st base. If he ever gets healthy and regains the form he had during his Boston days, he'll provide me w/ some roster flex across the infield, and allow me to move Dunn to the outfield, which is the weakness on my squad. Of course I have my doubts if we'll ever see him healthy again, and he's played so sparingly the last 2 seasons, who knows how much he's lost while sitting in the training room.

Turn Off Ads?