Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could this be the end for Womack?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Could this be the end for Womack?

If Jason LaRue is ready to come off the DL, I am betting that they release Tony Womack. Not starting him tonight at 2B against a right hander is the handwriting on the wall. Phillips also appears to be the future every day 2B in the Reds' eyes. I can't see them releasing Ross or sending out a pitcher.

Re: Could this be the end for Womack?

I hope so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Doubt it.
    Go Gators!

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

i think Jr.'s injury probably buys Woe-mack 10 days-2 weeks as I think Jr is placed on the DL and Jason activated.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

If they release him now I'm not sure what the point of getting him to begin with was. Well, I'm still not sure of that
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500
    If they release him now I'm not sure what the point of getting him to begin with was. Well, I'm still not sure of that
    Keep in mind, Womack wasn't a Kriskey move. It never made any sense in the first place. One almost wonders if Dan O. saw the writing on the wall and wanted to scotch things up as much as possible (I don't believe that, but you wonder sometimes).

Hal said in the 2nd inning on the radio that Narron wants to keep 3 catchers. They both agreed that Womack is the odd man out, and I do too, for the reasons that you stated. Brandon Phillips appears to have (mercifully) passed T-Woe on the depth chart.

Quote Originally Posted by danforsman
    Hal said in the 2nd inning on the radio that Narron wants to keep 3 catchers.
    I really don't understand this at all. However, if it gets Womack off the roster, I'm all for it.

got alil captain in u?

phillips is hittin the ball hard and playing good defense he and freel should split time but if juniors out for extended period freel in cf and phillips at 2nd

Reds Rule: as we know that was a Dan O move, so there obviously was no point to it.

Ok since Junior is now on the DL, Mr. Womack just bought himself some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Yeah, it's still too early to proclaim BP the future, but he should be given every opportunity to make it so. I've wanted an athletic 2B who plays steller D for a couple of years now. Hopefully, BP's the man.

Heck, with this lineup he doesn't even have to hit a ton as long as he plays solid D and pitches in with a game like tonight every once in a while.

Who knows? If he's willing to re-address his hitting approach and work with Chambliss to get back to the kind of game that made him a top prospect, we may even have a bonifide steal on our hands.

Now, if we could find a young slugging 1B to go with Phillips, FeLo and EdE.

If it's so Val can be a PH so they have an emergency catcher then make Val the backup 1b and dump Hatteberg.

Otherwise with a 12 man staff it makes the rest of the bench extremely short, 1 backup OF
    Go Gators!

The Griffey to the DL buys the Reds almost another 2 weeks to decide what to do now. IMO it hasn't been decided, but Womack seems to be the likely player out, but if 3 catchers are going to remain on the roster there is always a chance it could be Hattieberg because Valentin could play first also.

Quote Originally Posted by 2001MUgrad
    The Griffey to the DL buys the Reds almost another 2 weeks to decide what to do now. IMO it hasn't been decided, but Womack seems to be the likely player out, but if 3 catchers are going to remain on the roster there is always a chance it could be Hattieberg because Valentin could play first also.

The Reds will actually have 4 catchers on the roster when Larue comes back..
    Last edited by alexad; 04-17-2006 at 10:44 PM.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Turn Off Ads?