Just on FSN
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    ďIím a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.Ē - Sean Casey

2. Turn Off Ads?
    got alil captain in u?

Re: Griffey on DL

we need him healthy if a trip to the dl does it it's still early in the season the offense will pick up for him

was there ever any doubt that this would happen once he was listed as "day to day"?

GMs may come and go; owners may come and go, but one thing remains constant. The Reds front office will never be honest about Griffey's injuries.

Well there's the least shocking thing I've heard all day.

I doubt anyone seriously believed there was nothing to Jr.'s injury. Nothing is simple about that man's legs.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Seems that unless JR plays the very next day then he's DL bound.
    Go Gators!

Not a good sign, but atleast we can hope he gets better so he can come back. Freel gets his chance to play everyday.

It might save Womack since Larue will take Jr.'s spot on the roster.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellowjackets"

Meh, if they retroactive it, he could be back in a little over a week.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11
    Meh, if they retroactive it, he could be back in a little over a week.
    They did. He's eligible to come off next friday.

Anyone expect him back that fast?
    Go Gators!

i just don't get the big secret with him and the dl...it really makes no sense...he is not the same drawing card that he once was years ago, so why all the mystery...

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Anyone expect him back that fast?
    Nope. Doesn't even sound like they know what's wrong with him yet.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Well, we lose an OF. Does it make sense to unload Womack and activate Larue and bring up DeNo to play everyday? Sure it does. Will it happen? Nah...

And while it's no surprise, it aggrivates the doggie poo outta me that the FO continues to feed us, well,

I don't understand why Griffey had to wait the duration of the road trip, staying with the team the entire time, rather than just flying home to see Kremchek. If Castellini will fly LaRue round trip in a day to have knee surgery, one would think he would foot the bill to get Griffey to the team doctor or vice versa. In yesterday's broadcast, I heard it mentioned that Griffey would see Kremchek today. I immediately wondered why the team was waiting. Now that the examination yielded the result of the 15 day DL, I am really perplexed about the delay. An extra player might not have helped the team on Saturday or Sunday, but the presence of Wagner, Denorfia, or even LaRue would have been better than a non-participant Griffey. The Reds have been bad about leaving 25 man roster spots empty over the years. I can recall the players complaining about it two GMs ago. I'm going to give the team the benefit of the doubt and assume that Griffey thought he was turning a corner each day, but I still think the team should use the team physician as soon as possible in every case where the DL is a possibility, a player has a history of injuries, or a player has a high value to the club. Griffey falls into all 3 categories, so I really don't understand the benefit of waiting out the road trip. Even with the prospect of a Delta strike, planes do travel between St. Louis, Chicago, and Cincinnati.

Not to mention he was running on a freaking treadmill... jeez this organization
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Not to mention he was running on a freaking treadmill... jeez this organization
    I don't want to suggest that Griffey isn't trying. I just think the team doctor needs to get involved as soon as possible with Griffey whenever he has a leg problem of any kind. With Griffey's history of leg problems, which seems to cover both stems, I think the team should take care to make sure the guy isn't seriously injured before he begins some type of rehab or exercise program to loosen things up. Griffey not only takes up a roster spot, but he is close to 20% of the team's payroll. With his history of injuries and value to the team, he needs to get special and immediate attention when anything happens to his legs.

Turn Off Ads?