Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non-fans get the premium seats, and this guy is frustrated by it

Re: Non-fans get the premium seats, and this guy is frustrated by it

capitalism bites, dudn't it?

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think there should be baseball IQ tests to sit in those seats. Of course if that happened there would be no one but visiting fans sitting there at Wrigley.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

I watch the Reds games and wonder how there are soooo many good but empty seats while I can't buy any decent ones on line. It's a long long drive to just hope that I can get a few together for my kids and I. Are all of those empty seats available on the street? Is there a web site that have these empty seats for the buying? I admit I'm jealous of the turkeys that get the "really good" seats near the field for no other reason than a night out on the town. I don't give a hoot if they're upstairs in the closed in fancy glass boxes where no one watches the game anyway, I'd be happy to get a few "fairly decent" seats guaranteed before I drive 5 hours one way. I know big dollar corps are always going to own most of the prime seats but wouldn't it be nice if they sold fifty "great seats" by luck of the draw for drueling fans like us even just once a week!

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 37red
    I watch the Reds games and wonder how there are soooo many good but empty seats while I can't buy any decent ones on line. It's a long long drive to just hope that I can get a few together for my kids and I. Are all of those empty seats available on the street? Is there a web site that have these empty seats for the buying? I admit I'm jealous of the turkeys that get the "really good" seats near the field for no other reason than a night out on the town. I don't give a hoot if they're upstairs in the closed in fancy glass boxes where no one watches the game anyway, I'd be happy to get a few "fairly decent" seats guaranteed before I drive 5 hours one way. I know big dollar corps are always going to own most of the prime seats but wouldn't it be nice if they sold fifty "great seats" by luck of the draw for drueling fans like us even just once a week!
    Give stubhub a try. A lot of people will put games from their season ticket packages up there. A lot of those good empty seats belong to season ticket holders who couldn't make it out to the game that day.
    Last edited by RedsManRick; 04-20-2006 at 04:49 PM.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I will......... thanks!

37, alot of times the Reds release pretty good seats for sale day of game in the afternoon. They are the comp tickets the players and umpires have access to, and if they aren't used, they are put up for sale. Another thing you can do, if you have tickets but don't like their location, go to the ticket window inside the ballpark. If you go left as soon as you go in the main gate, their are 1 or 2 windows inside. If you are already in, they will let you pay the difference for an upgrade. You do have to upgrade to the same number of tickets, though. You can't use for as a credit for 3 better tickets. I don't know if you can get premium this way, but you can get some pretty good seats sometimes.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Oh, and I bought tickets for a few games last year on eBay that were not too many rows up from the on deck circle areain the 118- 119 area and the 127-128 area for below face.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

So tax-payers build the stadium and corporations get the seats. Cool!
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

i usually just walk up and sit in those seats

Turn Off Ads?