Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad JimBo, no biscuit!

WAGS

Bad JimBo, no biscuit!

Quote Originally Posted by rotoworld.com
    Nationals GM Jim Bowden was arrested on Sunday night in Miami Beach and charged with DUI.
    The joke possibilities are tremendous, but drinking and driving, if that's in fact what Bowden did, is hardly a laughing matter. The chances of him holding on to his job when new ownership takes over certainly diminish with the news. "I intend to plead not guilty at a future date in a Miami Dade court," Bowden said in a statement. "I deeply regret any embarrassment that my arrest may cause the Washington Nationals and Major League Baseball." Apr. 18 - 1:36 pm et
    jimbo

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bad JimBo, no biscuit!

Blame the pants.
    Go Gators!

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

We all have heard that drunks and hungover drunks like Cold Pizza... makes sense to me. The Cold Pizza may be back sooner than JimBo anticipated.

Since I do not drink, I must ask, "Does it cost more to pay for a cab ride or pay for a DUI when it is all said and done?" I think I know the answer...
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

The DUI pre-payment plan (Cab rides) is a a good idea.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Additional details from an updated story....

A Miami Beach police report said the 44-year-old Bowden refused to take a breath-alcohol test after he was stopped at 2:22 a.m. Monday. An officer said he saw Bowden run the stop sign on Collins Avenue, a main thoroughfare in the South Beach neighborhood. He failed field sobriety tests and was arrested, the report said.
    The report said that “a strong smell of an alcoholic beverage” emanated from the gray 2006 Cadillac STS that Bowden was driving and that he had “bloodshot eyes, glassy eyes, flush red face and slurred speech.” The arresting officers concluded that Bowden “was unable to operate a motor vehicle safely.”
    Under Florida’s implied consent law, refusal to submit to a breath test results in an automatic driver’s license suspension of at least six months. Bowden had a California driver’s license when he was stopped and listed a Los Angeles home address, according to the police report.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I don't really see much humor in this.

And it's certainly not the best kind of publicity to have when you work for the club owned by the commissioner's office, especially when you might be out of a job once that club changes ownership in a few months.

WAGS

Quote Originally Posted by Mainspark
    Additional details from an updated story....

A Miami Beach police report said the 44-year-old Bowden refused to take a breath-alcohol test after he was stopped at 2:22 a.m. Monday. An officer said he saw Bowden run the stop sign on Collins Avenue, a main thoroughfare in the South Beach neighborhood. He failed field sobriety tests and was arrested, the report said.
    The report said that “a strong smell of an alcoholic beverage” emanated from the gray 2006 Cadillac STS that Bowden was driving and that he had “bloodshot eyes, glassy eyes, flush red face and slurred speech.” The arresting officers concluded that Bowden “was unable to operate a motor vehicle safely.”
    Under Florida’s implied consent law, refusal to submit to a breath test results in an automatic driver’s license suspension of at least six months. Bowden had a California driver’s license when he was stopped and listed a Los Angeles home address, according to the police report.
    he's facing 1 year on the papers, 1 year license suspension with possibility of a hardship renewale after i think after 15 weeks IIRC. plus court fees, fines, 50 hours community service, AA.

Haunted by walks

A second police report said that about 10 minutes before Bowden was pulled over, two officers saw he and his girlfriend, 36-year-old Joy Browning, arguing along nearby Ocean Drive. After assuring police that everything was fine, they drove off and allegedly ran through the stop sign.

Police then noticed that Bowden had scratches on his right ear and left cheek and told Browning she would be arrested for a domestic violence charge. She refused to get out of the car and struck one of the officers twice after he took her cell phone, police said.

Browning faces a May 8 arraignment on charges of felony resisting arrest with violence, resisting arrest without violence and simple battery. She was held in the Miami-Dade County jail until Tuesday afternoon, when she was released on $5,000 bond, jail officials said.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003
    A second police report said that about 10 minutes before Bowden was pulled over, two officers saw he and his girlfriend, 36-year-old Joy Browning, arguing along nearby Ocean Drive. After assuring police that everything was fine, they drove off and allegedly ran through the stop sign.

Police then noticed that Bowden had scratches on his right ear and left cheek and told Browning she would be arrested for a domestic violence charge. She refused to get out of the car and struck one of the officers twice after he took her cell phone, police said.

Browning faces a May 8 arraignment on charges of felony resisting arrest with violence, resisting arrest without violence and simple battery. She was held in the Miami-Dade County jail until Tuesday afternoon, when she was released on $5,000 bond, jail officials said.

Ooops! I have had a lot of fun in Miami over the years but nothing like this. It's sad to see anyone have to go through stuff like this.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

I thought this headline was funny.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060418/...ll_bowden_dc_1
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    Ooops! I have had a lot of fun in Miami over the years but nothing like this. It's sad to see anyone have to go through stuff like this.
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Karma, meet Jim. Jim, Karma.

If Bowden had been jailed for domestic violence, he'd probably be unemployed today.

Here's Jimbo spotted earlier that evening on South Beach....

"Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    If Bowden had been jailed for domestic violence, he'd probably be unemployed today.
    It would take a week but I agree with your point.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    It would take a week but I agree with your point.
    I guess I forgot who the owner of the team was for a minute. A week might be generous, too.

Turn Off Ads?