Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: American Idol 4/18 and 4/25

Re: American Idol 4/18 and 4/25

Katherine was very good, (the best of the night in my opinion) and I really have no idea why they ripped her apart as they did, unless they are trying to get people to vote for her.

The show is getting really strange. The dynamic with the judges and Ryan Seacrest is starting to overwhelm everything else. Paula Abdul is not right. She definitely acts like she is abusing some substance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

back in the early 90's I had a thing for Paula. She was smokin' hot. Now I just think she's a kooky has-been :all_cohol . In the meantime, I've got a thing for Katharine. She's bad to the bone.

I, too, thought Katharine did great. But I think she could go home tonight. The reasons? 1. She went 1st...always a disadvantage, and 2. she got ripped by the judges.

Yes, Kellie should be the one going home. She hasn't done anything good for weeks and weeks. But I still content that she'll end up in the top 3 overall based on the "cuteness" factor.

I agreed with the judges about Chris. He was amazing last night.

Taylor was disappointing. When I heard which song he was going to sing, I thought he would bring the house down. But it turned out to be kinda boring.

I missed Paris' song due to a phone call.

I'm still amazed at the Judges' fascination with Elliot. He's alright...but not as good as they make him out to me, IMO.

And you guys are right about the show getting strange (and maybe lazy). Did you notice how after Katharine's song, Paula talked forever...the judges in general seemed to take more time talking about performances....until they got to Chris and then realized they were out of time...they were all like, "Itwasgreat, lovedit." Poor planning. And overall, one of the more boring episodes so far.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Yes, Paula had to be smoking something last night. Overall, not a very good episode.

I disagree with you guys on Katherine. I agreed with the judges, the song was too much for her and I thought she butchered it. But maybe I didn't listen closely enough as I was ....uh.... a little...uh..... distracted...... by other things while she was singing.

Kellie was awful and it will be a travesty is she sticks around again. I really think she might go this week.

If it isn't Kellie I gotta think it's Paris. She wasn't horrible, but you'd have thought she was 50 years old by that performance. I don't think it will appeal to many people.

Agree on Taylor, he wasn't very good either, but not terrible.

Elliott was really good. That guy can just flat out sing. I'm not a big fan of his style and don't think anyone would by a record of his, but if this is about singing he should be around a few more weeks.

Chris rocked last night. It was one of the better performances this season, IMO.

I think Paris will go. If not it will be Kellie.
    Last edited by MWM; 04-26-2006 at 09:41 AM.

According to the radio this morning, Paris is the most likely to go tonight based on the Vegas odds.

I think the bottom three is Paris, Katherine, and Elliott. Taylor and Kellie weren't very impressive to me and were certainly worse than Katherine. However, she went first and it wasn't her best performance. Kellie's fans will save her again this week and I think Paris will go.

I also thought Katherine did a great job with that song. I do not think that the standard of "you're no Whitney Houston" is quite fair. Judge her on whether or not she belted out the song, not whether or not she measures up to someone as great as Whitney Houston. I thought that she did a great job with a great song. No, she's not Whitney Houston, but then if a person trying to break into the industry has to measure up to the superstar that sung the song originally, they're all screwed.

Chris, I do not listen to much popular music these days, that was a great song, all I know it is by Bryan Adams according to McConnell on the radio this AM. What is the name of that song and when did he do it? But I agree, that was a memorable song and performance.

I'd vote off Kelly, that was pitiful, and from what I hear, that's two straight stinkers (I missed last week). Taylor stays because that is really the first time I've seen him not do well, although he did not completely butcher it, that was only average at best. I thought it rose about the level of hotel lounge karioke though. I think Simon has it in his contract to say that at least once per program.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    In the meantime, I've got a thing for Katharine. She's bad to the bone.
    Me too!

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...06-647356.html

I found a statement made by this writer to be quite uniformed. I don't believe he's trying to be funny or sarcastic.

Andrea Bocelli, along with producer David Foster, mentored the Idols as they navigated their way through some of the sappiest love songs known to man. I understand that Bocelli is a big deal in the classical music world and all that, but couldn't he have at least pretended to be awake during the Idols rehearsals? He had his eyes closed most of the time!
    Isn't he aware that Bocelli is blind?

I do have to admit though that I liked his comments about Kellie.

Quote Originally Posted by 2844
    http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...06-647356.html

I found a statement made by this writer to be quite uniformed. I don't believe he's trying to be funny or sarcastic.

Isn't he aware that Bocelli is blind?

I do have to admit though that I liked his comments about Kellie.
    I read the column. He's just trying to be funny.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

FWIW, DialIdol.com has Pickler receiving the fewest votes of all this week, but predicts that Paris will go home. Their predictions have been fairly accurate, but not perfect, this year.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

My sweetie said the judges have a history of killing people who try Whitney songs and don't measure up. Still, while it wasn't a great performance by Katharine, I thought the criticism was a little over the top, just like the praise the week before was probably too much. And like with Elliott the week before, the comments may have been tempered if they'd heard Pickler sing first.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Kellie's gone. And Katharine got an apology of sorts. That was weird. In the end, they probably ended up with the right people in the top five.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Panty shot

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed
    Kellie's gone. And Katharine got an apology of sorts. That was weird. In the end, they probably ended up with the right people in the top five.
    Finally, the nation's voters finally caught a clue! I gotta disagree with you about the top five, though, Island. Mandisa is better than Elliott, but I can live with that. I just don't get the Elliott thing. He's got a voice, but he's so boring. But at least Paris beat out Pickler, and if she hadn't, it would have been a shame. She is head and shoulders above her.

I've got to give credit to Kellie in defeat, though. She showed class and didn't seem at all bitter.

I was a little surprised to see Kellie go. I thought her established fan base might keep her in. But at this stage of the contest, if you have two bad weeks back-to-back, it can be deadly. She did handle it well. I was afraid there was going to be waterworks of biblical proportions.

My youngest was bummed though. She's been rooting for Kellie since Day 1. But I told her, in the end, everyone goes home except one person. And next year there will be a whole new set of people and most of this year's contestants will be forgotten. The shelf life of an AI contestant is like that of an Olympic skater.

Elliott has a great voice, but is still looking for his style and stage presence.

For a long time I thought it was going to be a Chris/Paris final, but it looks like Paris is vulnerable.

I still don't get the love for Taylor. He's fun and goofy like a favorite uncle, but he just isn't all that talented.

IMNSHO, it's a given that Chris will be in the final. Talent-wise, I still think Paris ought to be there, but I'm now thinking Katharine might be there instead.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Cruisin' for trouble

Paris has youth working for her and against her.

She has a great voice and lots of talent for her age, yet she seems so determined to sing songs out of her age range, that she winds up over-signing the songs. She is technically sound and can hit all the notes, but doesn't really sing the song.

Turn Off Ads?