Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cruise, Holmes welcome baby girl, Suri

Cruise, Holmes welcome baby girl, Suri

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4921228.stm

Actress Katie Holmes, who is engaged to film star Tom Cruise, has given birth to the couple's first child.

Holmes gave birth to a baby girl, Suri, on Tuesday in Los Angeles. Both mother and baby were "doing well", a spokesman said in a statement.

The baby is the first for Holmes, while Cruise has two adopted children from his marriage to Nicole Kidman.

The couple, who have been engaged since June 2005, plan to marry in late summer or early autumn, according to Cruise.

Spokesman Paul Bloch said in a statement that the couple "joyously welcomed" the arrival of their daughter.

The baby's name, Suri, came from Hebrew, meaning "princess" or in Persian, meaning "red rose", the statement said.

The baby weighed 3.4 kg (7lb 7 oz) and measured 50.8 cm (20 inches), Mr Bloch said.

No details were given about the birth itself, which had been the subject of much speculation amid suggestion that Holmes, 27, would give birth in silence in accordance with Scientology doctrine.

Cruise, 43, is currently in the middle of promoting his new film, Mission Impossible III.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cruise, Holmes welcome baby girl, Suri

Enquiring minds want to know: Did Tom eat the placenta as planned?

Katie's 'education' progresses nicely as she prepares to watch Battlestar Galactica for the 132nd time

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Katie's 'education' progresses nicely as she prepares to watch Battlestar Galactica for the 132nd time
    Given the quality of the new version, that might not be quite so bad. Now, if we're talking Dirk Benedict in all his glory -- yeah, that might be terminal. Besides, "Battlefield Earth" was the Scientology flick.

Incidentally, I'm gonna need to see two forms of DNA evidence before I ever believe Tom Cruise fathered a child.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    Incidentally, I'm gonna need to see two forms of DNA evidence before I ever believe Tom Cruise fathered a child.

The real father pretty much HAS to be David Crosby, right? He seems to be the "go to guy" for that sort of thing in Hollywood.

I worked in the Mariemont Theater for that flick, they took the last 5 rows out to install Sense-Around........ it made the concession stand shake.

"I'm Suri,....So Suri!"
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    Given the quality of the new version, that might not be quite so bad. Now, if we're talking Dirk Benedict in all his glory -- yeah, that might be terminal. Besides, "Battlefield Earth" was the Scientology flick.

Ack, good call, CE. I always get my mediocore sci-fi franchises confused!

Yeah I see some bizarre scientology ritual behind Kate's pregnancy for some reason...

Not to imply or state in any way that Mr. Cruise needs to come out of the closet or anything!!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    I worked in the Mariemont Theater for that flick, they took the last 5 rows out to install Sense-Around........ it made the concession stand shake.
    What's 'sense-around' like some precursor to THX that involved a bunch of huge speakers?

Sounds very retro.

What's 'sense-around' like some precursor to THX that involved a bunch of huge speakers?

Sounds very retro.
    Giant speaker cases that make the sound extra loud, thus making you feel like you are there.

Retro... maybe... the Knack was pretty popular then.

Enquiring minds want to know: Did Tom eat the placenta as planned?
    What does placenta taste like, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    Chicken.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    A hamburger cooked by Xenu himself.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

It looks like that Cruise is not going to be doing any promos for MI3 now. The MI3 producers are celebrating.

http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/2006-04-19/#2
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?