Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Umm Hi Guys

Re: Umm Hi Guys

Belisle proved once again tonight he can't come in mid-inning and be good. He is not a reliever.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44

Call him up to AAA, see what he can do.
    Patience, young grasshopper. He's not going to make an impact at the big league level this year. Remember - coddle thy pitchers.

There's nothing wrong with allowing a pitcher to dominate at a level for a while.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Belisle proved once again tonight he can't come in mid-inning and be good. He is not a reliever.
    I think he may need more time to warm up than the time you get as a reliever. His fastball seemed to gain MPH when he pitched those 2-3 innings the other day against the Cardinals.

Come on people. We all know how much better Rick White and Chris Hammond are than Ryan Wagner and Shackelford!

I'm getting sick of the mindset that verteran has-beens are better options than guys like Shack and Wagner in the pen. We've seen what they can do, and can't. Either way they're better options than Burns and Hammond.

They've had a chance to improve, Shack has shown he can pitch in the majors. Wagner is still a question mark, but he's worth another shot considering our options. What will it take to convince Krivsky that guys like Hammond and Burns are unworthy of pitching in the majors?

We have better options, take a chance. I'm sick of saying "Well, you don't score six every day... let's hope the bullpen doesn't blow it again"

I was one on the get rid of White and Burns. I saw White pitch tonight and while he wasn't spectacular, he definitely bought himself some more time. Burns gone Shackelford up. Next injury, hello Wagner. Thats the way it likely will be.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack
    They don't have a veteran's presence on the mound.

Case closed!
    They get shelled like true ballplayers.
    Go Gators!

If I lived anywhere near Louisville, I'd be down there, chatting up the BP, trying to get a feel for how they feel about it...never know unless you tried...

Quote Originally Posted by kheidg-
    I was one on the get rid of White and Burns. I saw White pitch tonight and while he wasn't spectacular, he definitely bought himself some more time. Burns gone Shackelford up. Next injury, hello Wagner. Thats the way it likely will be.
    Hammond has looked ok in his last couple of outings. White tends to look ok for a few batters, then gets hit. I guess I can live with him.

To me, Burns is the first to go to AAA, followed by Belisle who can work on starting down there.

There is no good reason Shack shouldn't be with the Reds. Four of the six relievers for the Reds flat out stink. It would not bother me who they cut between Hammond,White,Belisle or Burns. They are all terrible.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Shackelford has been called up per 1360.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Seriously why is he in AAA?????
    Dear Brian, 7 innnings does not a career make.

Time to bring back Ben Weber.

How about Josias Manzanillo?

*ducks*

Yes, I'm kidding
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Looks like they'll have three lefties in the bullpen now because I highly doubt they're going to do anything with Chris Hammond at this point due to the fact that the last few outings he's really settled down and got that wiffle-change going. He can still be a real asset to this team. Kent Mercker obviously isn't going anywhere, so Shackelford now makes three lefties.

My guess is Mike Burns gets the orders to drive south.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Turn Off Ads?