Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Miltons Mechanics are a mess!! He has to be hurt

Miltons Mechanics are a mess!! He has to be hurt

I just finished watching Milton on Baseball Tonight Give up those homers and I was like WOW he is Hurt!.. last year he did the same thing, he didnt drive towards the plate and this keeps his pitches up in the zone, which end up over the fence... This spring i saw his game he pitched dominating for 5 innings.. he was the Milton of the old Twins.. driving towards the plate.. finishing off his pitches and keeping the ball down in the zone and his body low on his delivery... Last year i wrote to the Reds, Chris Welsh and told them he was pitching like he was hurt! it was either his back, because he wasnt driving towards the plate and keeping his pitches up (EXCEPT that great Washington Game at home after my letter!!) then back to the same old Milton!, OR if it wasnt his back it was his groin.. but nobody questioned Milton.. SURPRISE in spring training he admited he had a knee problem.. a injury he hid and hurt the Reds... NOW tonight, he was not even trying to extend his front leg towards home and i bet his knee is bothering him again!! I am not a pitching coach, but i have watched mechanics of pitchers and if i can see it why cant the pitching coaches see it? does anyone agree with me?? its so frustrating.. they pay pitching coaches to watch this stuf and ours never can tell when a pitcher isnt using proper mechanics.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Miltons Mechanics are a mess!! He has to be hurt

he has a degenrative knee condition, DanO knew that when he signed him.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Watching him @ chicago, I felt he only followed through on about 1/3 his pitches then. On his FB, he spins like a top on his right foot and doesn't bend at the waist. Only his breaking balls was he following through.

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

Was he hurt the first 2 games and the last game of spring training when he pitched so good? I'll reserve judgement until the next start.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster
    Was he hurt the first 2 games and the last game of spring training when he pitched so good? I'll reserve judgement until the next start.
    The 1st 2 games of this year I can't tell you how many balls were hit to the warning track against him.
    "The guy I think could be really good in center is Adam Dunn. If someone asked me if Dunn could be a center fielder for the next 10 years, if he started working on it, no one could explain to me why he couldn’t do it." - Brad Kullman

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Neck strain from doing the "Crap, I wonder where that one is landing"-look one too many times.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

I saw that first game in ST when he hitting 94. He was a different pitcher that night. The fastball was jumping and his curve had bite. It has been slowly downhill from there.

I saw his first start against Pittsburgh on that Friday and he topped out at 88 that night and most of his fastballs were 86. I was worried but was willing to chalk it up to a cold night. He did OK but it was obvious he would not long get away with that quality of stuff. Tonight the weather was great. I think he has issues with the knee that will no longer allow him to be a major league starter.

I wasn't looking at the gun after every pitch, but I didn't see him get beyond 88mph tonight.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    I saw that first game in ST when he hitting 94. He was a different pitcher that night. The fastball was jumping and his curve had bite. It has been slowly downhill from there.

I saw his first start against Pittsburgh on that Friday and he topped out at 88 that night and most of his fastballs were 86. I was worried but was willing to chalk it up to a cold night. He did OK but it was obvious he would not long get away with that quality of stuff. Tonight the weather was great. I think he has issues with the knee that will no longer allow him to be a major league starter.
    Has anybody heard about the radar gun at GABP being a little slow? He was hitting 92mph in Chicago. just wondering.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Your Right Flyer85 on that spring training game.. that was the Milton that we were supposed to sign!.. not the one that hides his injuries... i didnt see his 1st 2 games of the season or his last spring training game.. but seeing the highlightts tonight.. there is a prb with him and i am 100% sure its his knee!

Milton for closer??? We seem to have a penchant for 8 million dollar closers...

seriously, maybe he can perform at his ST levels if he knows it's only for an inning???
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

If he knee is aching already it will only get worse. The Reds have two srarting pitchers who have almost nothing to get hitters out with on a consistent basis.

I was shocked when I saw Williams and his 81-82 mph fastball the other day. The poor starters completely expose an overmatched bullpen. I would DL Milton and put Williams in the pen and give Germano and Belisle a try.

Has anybody heard about the radar gun at GABP being a little slow? He was hitting 92mph in Chicago. just wondering.
    other guys made it jump that night. it's not just the gun. His fastball had no pop because he wasn't getting out there and really finishing off his pitches like that night in the spring. The less you get out of your legs the farther the pitch has to travel and the extra inches sometimes can make all the difference.

Belisle hit 93 on the radar today at the stadium. I think it's accurate +/- 1mph.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Milton for closer??? We seem to have a penchant for 8 million dollar closers.
    it really seems as if he is finished as an effective ML pitcher. I don't really see how a move to the pen will help.

Turn Off Ads?