Turn Off Ads?

Thread: How tough is the NL Central?

How tough is the NL Central?

In Sports Illustrated's Power Rankings, 5 out of the six NL Central teams are in the top ten (Yes, that includes the Reds at #9).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ngs/index.html
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Re: How tough is the NL Central?

Pretty impressive but this will change once the teams start beating each other up within the division. Kinda like how the Brewers have been pummeled once they had to play STL and HOU
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

Quote Originally Posted by REDSEER
    In Sports Illustrated's Power Rankings, 5 out of the six NL Central teams are in the top ten (Yes, that includes the Reds at #9).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ngs/index.html
    Having the Reds ranked 9th just shows you how clueless Sports Illustrated is.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

I like what they wrote about the Orioles because this is the play I described from the game we went to at Camden Yards

Javy Lopez cracked a homer on Sunday over a valiant but vain attempt by Angels center fielder Darin Erstad, but as Lopez and base runner Miguel Tejada watched a fallen Erstad to see if he had come up with the ball, Lopez accidentally passed Tejada on the base paths -- an automatic out. I'm still looking for some way to blame this on Peter Angelos.

Having the Reds ranked 9th just shows you how clueless Sports Illustrated is.

9-6 after 15 games I think SI has the Reds where they should be by what there record dictates after 15 games. I can see them finishing the year at about 13-15th in the power rankings.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Currently, the NL Central has 5 teams over .500 and the American League has, you guessed it, 5 teams over .500.

Quote Originally Posted by HalMorrisRules
    Currently, the NL Central has 5 teams over .500 and the American League has, you guessed it, 5 teams over .500.
    Yeah, but the AL has many tougher teams in it, in my opinion.

I wonder how the Brewers will develope...they have some nice young talent......but if they explode and get to free agency..will they stay together........If Hardy, Weeks and Fielder are as good as projected...they won't be able to pay them all and they have some nice pitching they have to pay as well........

just keep winnin' baby

Turn Off Ads?