Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do.....

What to do.....

I already know what alot of answers are going to be... But i'll still throw this one out there.

Once JR returns to playing everyday, Once again, someone is going to getting playing time cut.

Its gonna be down between Mr. Ryan Freel and Brandon Phillips. Tony Woemack won't see the light of day.

So, KGJ returns to start in Center, and Freel loses his starting spot.

Who are you starting at 2nd? Phillips or Freel?

Is there another move we can make to get both of them in the lineup everyday?

IE - Dunn to 1st, Freel to Left and Phillips to 2nd?

My guess, and vote goes to Phillps is going to retain the starting spot at 2nd when JR comes off the DL and Freel goes back to his, i don't know where i'm playing inning by inning role.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What to do.....

Jr.'s legs are tender (and he is ranked the worst CF in the game). Put him at 1st (I know this is completely wishful thinking). Freel stays in CF, and BP at 2nd. See you later Hatt, or Womack.

Are you exagerrating on his ranking, "he is ranked the worst CF in the game"? Granted, he's lost a few steps, but has he dropped that much? So out of all starting CF'ers, he's ranked dead last? I find that hard to believe.

I think that when Griffey comes back Freel will sit the bench until Griffey gets hurt again.
    3-2 at games this year
    5-9 all time

2010 central division champions

If JR comes back anytime soon then Freel should move to 2nd, he should be playing everyday..period.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    If JR comes back anytime soon then Freel should move to 2nd, he should be playing everyday..period.
    Yep and BP backups up both middle infield spots.

Jr. doesn't come back for 8 days, by then someone else will stub a toe and need to go on the dl to have Mark Mann rub it for him for 15 days. Thus, the problem takes care of itself.

If by some miracle everyone is healthy for 8 days, Womack is cut, Freel plays most of the time at 2b and Jr. goes back to CF.
    Win the Division

Who knows what Narron/Krivsky will do. Keep 'playing the matchups' and 'riding the hot hand,' I guess. You've got to think that Griffey has to move to left sooner or later, though. He's got to know that he can't be in center for the rest of his career. Why wait?

I just keep finding humor in the "we've improved our defense because Dunn gets to go back to left" bull. Long term solution to hide Dunn is at first. No brainer. I can only conclude that Krivsky didn't know, and Narron forgot how below average Dunn is in left. But the real kicker is that Hatteburg is not a glove man at first and Aurilia is no better and they are both short!! Whuh?

Whatever, we shall see.
    Thank goodness for baseball.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    If Freel keeps hitting and getting on base, the Reds should look seriously at moving him for upper-level minor league prospects.

He's signed to an extremely trade-friendly contract, he can play 6 positions, steals bases, gets on base, and is (right now) one of the best leadoff hitters in baseball. There should definately be a very active market for Ryan Freel, especially at the deadline.

If the team is intent on keeping Brandon Phillips around and giving him a chance to develop into the player everyone thought he was going to be in the Cleveland organization, they've gotta suck it up do what they probably should've done with Wily Mo: Play him every day and keep coaching him. If Dunn or Griffey is moving to 1st base, then the new outfielder should be Chris Denorfia.

Freel is going to continue to be a "man without a roster spot" (barring a Kearns trade) -- so instead of holding onto a huge bargaining chip like that, the Reds should consider trading him while his value is high, IMO. However, it's a move that only should be made if there is actual value return coming back -- projectable talent, not the crap that most recent Reds trades have brought back.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

I would love to see JR or Dunn move spots... But I don't it happens.. and if it does... it wont' be for long.

Can Freel play 1st?

I believe, that both Freel and Phillips both need to be in the everyday line-up....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA
    Are you exagerrating on his ranking, "he is ranked the worst CF in the game"?
    Unfortunately not since the Yanks aren't playing Bernie in CF anymore
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Okay than, can someone point to these rankings? I know how to use google, but nothing is coming up as far as CF rankings. Thanks.

Zone Ratings(ZR) from last year.

Also Dewan's Fielding Bible
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by RBA
    Okay than, can someone point to these rankings? I know how to use google, but nothing is coming up as far as CF rankings. Thanks.

No matter which defensive metric is used, they all essentially show Griffey as being a black hole in center field defensively. The Reds would be doing themselves a huge favor by moving him out of center and permanently installing a better defensive center fielder, specifically Chris Denorfia.
    Last edited by Cyclone792; 04-19-2006 at 11:55 PM.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

I think what might get done yet is a deal involving Larue and perhaps Womack. I have been watching things from the perspective that the team that wants Larue is waiting to see if he's healthy and how he is doing over a week or so. And looking through those glasses every move has made sense to this point. Krivsky was a major part of the deal that sent Pierzynski to S.F. a few years ago, Larue is basically the same catcher. Maybe not quite as heralded but in that mold. Larue could net us a solid young arm or 2. I think the Dodgers, Rockies or Padres might wanna explore something there!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?