Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Wright commits 3 errors

David Wright commits 3 errors

Just wanted to throw this out there because we are all worried about our young 3B commiting errors. DW will be very good, and even he makes 3 errors in a game like our guy.

Oh yeah, and ours came through in the clutch today when DW didn't.

So feel good again about EdE. He's getting on track (atleast at the plate).

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: David Wright commits 3 errors

I bet they really miss that wily ol' vet Ty Wiggington.
    School's out. What did you expect?

286 average, 2 HR, 11 RBI's, .397 OBP, .531 slugging, and a walk off double for EE today.

Not bad I say.

Marty's right. EE isn't ready right now. Another year in the minors would probably get him seasoned enough, if not, another year after that should do the trick. Better let the scrappy, hard working vet who knows how to play the game and lead by example start at 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    I bet they really miss that wily ol' vet Ty Wiggington.
    Who has six dingers... Ty Wiggington?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Who has six dingers... Ty Wiggington?
    Gettin' Wiggy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis
    Marty's right. EE isn't ready right now. Another year in the minors would probably get him seasoned enough, if not, another year after that should do the trick. Better let the scrappy, hard working vet who knows how to play the game and lead by example start at 3rd.
    :|

God I hope that was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    :|

God I hope that was a joke.

Tell me about it.... EE is ready now... Get him in while you can and see all the pitches he can see cuz he will be a key part to a playoff run in the next year or two.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203
    Tell me about it.... EE is ready now... Get him in while you can and see all the pitches he can see cuz he will be a key part to a playoff run in the next year or two.
    EE isn't ready, the Reds are ready for him to take over. EE has got to get ready, or the Reds will start looking elsewhere is the impression I get. This is the year he has to put up, or shut up, plain and simple. So far, except for the three error game, he has at least held his own. Honestly, offense isn't what the Reds are concerned with, its just that he has to show them he can play defense in the Majors. As with most offensive young players, its a process and his swing will come around. His defense however, needs work. He dosen't have to be great, just average defensively.

I hope he is like Felipe, where after many mistakes, he will learn his way. I have total faith in FeLo making a good throw across the diamond.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed
    EE isn't ready, the Reds are ready for him to take over. EE has got to get ready, or the Reds will start looking elsewhere is the impression I get. This is the year he has to put up, or shut up, plain and simple. So far, except for the three error game, he has at least held his own. Honestly, offense isn't what the Reds are concerned with, its just that he has to show them he can play defense in the Majors. As with most offensive young players, its a process and his swing will come around. His defense however, needs work. He dosen't have to be great, just average defensively.

So glad you aren't our GM. He is a 23 year old kid in his 1st full major league season. Your 1st full year is not put up or shut up.

Btw
    .286 average, 2 HR, 11 RBI's, .397 OBP, .531 slugging, and a walk off double
    I would say he has "shown" up this year, and since Chicago he has been playing pretty solid defense.

I repeat this is NOT a put up or shut up year for EE.

Not to mention that although he does have some issues throwing, he is a GREAT third baseman. By far the best on the team. He'll get to balls that no one else on the team has a chance to and over the course of the season those will more than make up for the outs he doesn't get by making bad throws.

That was a rather crazy comment on the put up or shut up... 1st season and you want him to put up numbers like a seasoned vet? This is the year for him to be an average 3rd basemen in the league and show he has the tools to become the top teir....

He is gonna be a good one...
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Good thing Marty doesn't do Met games

I don't think the Reds see it this way at all, so I'm not sure why you're speaking in first person from the Reds' perspective.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?