Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Will Todd Coffey be given the closer job full-time?

Reds and 26.2's

Will Todd Coffey be given the closer job full-time?

David Weathers...or Todd Coffey?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Will Todd Coffey be given the closer job full-time?

I'm not sure you "give" it to him yet, but he is sure earning a look in the closers spot....that's for sure.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Its only been 7.2 IP but you can't ask him to pitch much better than he has so far.

I dont mind him in the 8th inning. We need to get to the closer before we can have someone close it out. A good setup man is just as important. I would have him face the best part of the lineup though.

Situation:
    8th inning, 2-3-4 due up with a one run lead, I want Coffey

8th inning, 6-7-8 due up with a one run lead, Weathers

9th, 2-3-4, Coffey

9th, 6-7-8, Weathers (bc coffey will have been used in the 8th to shut down the heart of their lineup)

It all depends. If there is a Pujols type up there I want Coffey in there, but if there isn't I want Weathers.

Weathers will get the people he is supposed to get out, out, however Todd doesn't do that all the time. Coffey without a doubt has better stuff, so when we face an elite hitter I want him in there.

I hope that makes sense.

I'll worry about that after they can get 5-6 quality relievers in the pen. The sooner he becames a closer the more money he will cost so if weathers hangs in there I have no problem with leaving him in the role.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Leave him as setup for now..I'm not a fan of keeping your best MR for the end.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?