Turn Off Ads?

Thread: WEHT Todd Benzinger

WEHT Todd Benzinger

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...006/1069/SPT03

BY TOM GROESCHEN | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER

Todd Benzinger has been named girls' varsity basketball coach at Loveland High School, where the former Cincinnati Reds' first baseman will coach his daughter.

Benzinger has coached the past seven years at Seven Hills, where he had a 122-47 record. His team went 15-9 this past season and reached the Division IV district finals.

Benzinger's daughter, Justine, is a junior and two-year starter at Loveland.

"I have three kids in the district, it's where I live, and it's a good situation," Benzinger said. "It's a move up in divisions. I'm excited."

Loveland plays in Division I. Last season's Loveland team was 5-16 under coach John Waple, who resigned for family reasons.

Benzinger was told of his hiring today, after being chosen at a Loveland school board meeting Tuesday night.

"We feel very good about it," Loveland athletic director Mike Rapp said. "Todd is a first-class individual with seven years of head coaching experience."

Benzinger, 43, was an infielder/outfielder who played nine years in the major leagues (1987-95). As a first baseman, he caught a foul pop-up for the final out of the Reds' 1990 World
    Series sweep over Oakland.

Benzinger is a New Richmond High School product who played for five major league baseball teams, including 1989-91 with the Reds.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: WEHT Todd Benzinger

Wasn't he coaching Girls' Hoops for Seven Hills for Summit Country Day before Loveland?

University of Cincinnati

Re: WEHT Todd Benzinger

thank god, b/c connor @ loveland was horrible......
    THE University of Cincinnati

Turn Off Ads?