Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cubs in trouble if it's serious.

Cubs in trouble if it's serious.

I'm watching the Cubs @ Dodgers, Furcal bunted down the first base line, Scott Eyre dove for it, tried to flip it from his glove from the ground to Derrick Lee. The flip led Lee right into Furcal, who bulldozed him. He got up shaking and holding his wrist, and left the game. Meanwhile, Scott Eyre looks like he messed up his leg somehow on the same play, tried to throw a warmup pitch, couldn't do it, had to leave also.

They're in trouble if Lee's serious.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cubs in trouble if it's serious.

Yikes, hopefully the injury bug stays in Chicago and out of Cincinnati

The Cubs were already in trouble with their pitching
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

D. Lee: Sprain of right wrist, X-rays inconclusive, flying back to Chicago for more X-rays
    S. Eyre: Knee contusion, day to day.

per cubs tv guys.

That lineup is bad enough with Lee. Without him, Cub fans can go ahead and start discussing next year.

I'll take those wins............. lets hurry and play em all our games b4 he's back lol
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

They are still getting it done with that smoke and mirrors pitching staff. I think if anyone thought that they cubs would be half a game out of first without wood, prior & no wins from Zambrano then I want some of what you are smoking. I think the cubs can hang around for awhile but losing Lee isn't going to help much.
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

just goes to show how one injury can change everything. Imagine the Birds without Pujols.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red
    D. Lee: Sprain of right wrist, X-rays inconclusive, flying back to Chicago for more X-rays
    S. Eyre: Knee contusion, day to day.

per cubs tv guys.
    Usually means that the swelling is still too significant to get a decent image to judge. Not sounding very good for Lee.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    Usually means that the swelling is still too significant to get a decent image to judge. Not sounding very good for Lee.
    A wrist injury is usually a very serious issue for a hitter. Maybe they could use Aurilia or Hatteberg for Wuertz and another player.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

I was thinking the same thing and wondering if Krivsky smells an opportunity.

Aurilia for Williamson?

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan
    I was thinking the same thing and wondering if Krivsky smells an opportunity.

Aurilia for Williamson?
    Yuk

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3
    Yuk

Gotta give Aurillia some credit, I remember when we used to give him the Womack treatment. (Trade him for a bag of balls.) Now we have people on the board turning down trades.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red
    Gotta give Aurillia some credit, I remember when we used to give him the Womack treatment. (Trade him for a bag of balls.) Now we have people on the board turning down trades.
    part of that was because he was blocking Felo at the beginning of last year but this year he seems like a whole different guy so most people have warmed up to him. Not too many like him batting 3rd or 4th in any lineup but at least not everyone cringes when they see him listed.
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

They should trade their pitching and rebuild.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?