Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Favorite Team?

Second Favorite Team?

If you all are like me, you probably have a second MLB team that you take an interest in for some reason or another. For me, it's the Boston Red Sox. My sister got me hooked when she moved up there, and I really enjoyed their World Series year because she would call me from Fenway after the games ended and give me the details. Maybe it's because I saw a team get my baseball hating sister hooked on my sport, but I fell in love with that team. I watch them on Extra Innings when Cincinnati isn't on and get as much info as I can from the internet. They'll never touch the Reds in my heart, but I do own a Red Sox t-shirt, a Ted Williams jersey and some memorabilia.

So what other team in MLB do you follow, if any? Why do you like them, or if you can't cheer for anyone else, why not?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Second Favorite Team?

I tend to root not for one specific other team, but for a few. I like to see the small-market teams like Oakland, Kansas City, Pittsburgh and others win.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    I tend to root not for one specific other team, but for a few. I like to see the small-market teams like Oakland, Kansas City, Pittsburgh and others win.
    Same here. I like Oakland in particular. I've started following the Rockies the last several years as well. I'm living here, I might as well learn to love them!

You need to leave the board now.

Kidding.

I have, on occasion, rooted for another team strictly for apparel reasons. Like I used to love the supposedly offensive indian on he Indians old hats. So I didn't cheer for them really, but I did have a hat. I also did almost buy a Red Sox cap once for a similar reason.

I have never ever followed another team. Sure I've chosed sides in the World Series, or even just wathcing a regular season game on TV though.

No second favorites in baseball of which to speak.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

MY AL team is the Indians.........Going to see Jacobs Field at some point this year........how far drive is it from Cincy to Cleveland?

All I can think of when I see that picture is "Deeeee-troit!"

I root for the Reds and the Yankees. I love them equally; my heart is split right down the middle. This is not as painful as it sounds.

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by indyred
    MY AL team is the Indians.........Going to see Jacobs Field at some point this year........how far drive is it from Cincy to Cleveland?
    Right around 4 hours.

BTW I don't "root" for the Tigers, nor do I really follow them. But they are my first love, something that is just always going to be with me.

Better than a tattoo IMO

BTW that's Cardinals coach Dave Duncan with the flowing locks, when he was on the Indians (the team with the offensive (and my indian friend concurs) logo)
    Last edited by westofyou; 04-20-2006 at 11:29 AM.

I'm an all-Reds guy, it's not as painful as it sounds,

I'm a closet Tribe fan.

I went to school at Kent St. and went to a bunch of Tribe games when I was in college. My in-laws live near Cleveland and my father in law and my brother in law and I will go to Tribe games occasionally when I go to visit. I like watching AL ball.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Though nobody comes close to the Reds, I suppose the Twins are my #2. I went to high school in the Minneapolis burbs so I got to following them then.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Tampa Bay Deviled Eggs.

Hands down.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I'm all Reds all the time and YES, it is as painful as it sounds.

I absolutely love the Cubs because of their tradition and their great fans....sorry, I just wanted to see if I could type that and keep a straight face. I couldn't.

I guess I have had a few distant #2's. I always liked the Astros with Bagwell and Biggio. I liked the Red Sox a bit because I could identify with their fans and their struggles over the years, that has since waned as they won the title in '04. I have family in Wisconsin so I don't hate on the Brewers too much.

Second favorite team? I don't even know what those words mean.

If you cut me, I bleed Red.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Turn Off Ads?