Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Second Favorite Team?

Re: Second Favorite Team?

NL woul be Cardinals. (I know you guys will love me for that )
    AL is Boston, hands down.. (Looks like I'm stuck with Wily, no matter what )

2. Turn Off Ads?

A few other teams I'll check on include the Mariners, A's, Twins, and Orioles but there is none that I could call a second favorite. Sometimes it's just a specific player, like to see what Vlad is up to with the Angels.
    "When the Russians conquer America, they will recruit concentration camp guards from among Cardinals fans."

I went on vacation in Florida and made it to a Tampa Bay game. Since then I've always pulled for them a little since I always find myself cheering for the underdog, or maybe I pull for them out of pity. Regardless, I'd like to see them turn it around.

Growing up in Alaska, I watched and listened to a lot of Mariners baseball. So I check up on them from time to time.
    I'm not a hooligan. I'm a Reds supporter.

Hooray Beer!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Psst that's 4... I know you basketball guys like to think no one watches Hockey.

But you're wrong.

Yeah, hockey gets such a bad rap, and its a great sport to watch on TV.

If only people would give it a chance.

Those ESPN games, NHL RULES, is what got me really into it. In those games the announcers break things down for the novice fan, explaining rules, some strategy, and highlight certain plays. It's really awesome what they've done. It's a shame if that hasn't drawn more fans to the sport because it was really a great idea, and executed well. Once I figured out what was going on, it was interesting to me. Now that I know the rules and what to look for, I'll never watch anything else when baseball ends (except on Sundays and Monday nights during NFL season).
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Since I lived within 5 miles of their stadium for 10 years it'd have to be the Braves, although, like WOY, I do have a soft spot for the Tigers
    School's out. What did you expect?

Unfortunately the new TV deal is terrible. OLN does not cut it--I don't even get it on TW here in Cincy, though oddly enough I did in Columbus. I bought the Center Ice package, hich I would highly recommend to you. Even if you get OLN Center Ice lets you watch all of the Canadian games. And if you have Time Warner Cable, they share slots with Extra Innings...so right now I'm getting "bonus coverage" of every Extra Innings game until the NHL Playoffs are over, because they can't turn those channels off until my C.I. package expires after round 2 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Yeah, hockey gets such a bad rap, and its a great sport to watch on TV.

If only people would give it a chance.

Those ESPN games, NHL RULES, is what got me really into it. In those games the announcers break things down for the novice fan, explaining rules, some strategy, and highlight certain plays. It's really awesome what they've done. It's a shame if that hasn't drawn more fans to the sport because it was really a great idea, and executed well. Once I figured out what was going on, it was interesting to me. Now that I know the rules and what to look for, I'll never watch anything else when baseball ends (except on Sundays and Monday nights during NFL season).

Since I've lived just north of KC for a long while, I also follow the Royals but not is the same diehard way I do the Reds. The Royals help me keep perspective when I think the Reds are stupidly run I just look at KC - that is the worst run team in baseball. The Rreds have a new owner, new GM, some star power players and lots of hope for a better future. The Royals have an unbelievable inability to judge returns in trading off stars, a worse track record than the Reds developing young pitchers, an owner who cries "small market" constantly as the excuse for failure and a GM in Baird who amazingly keeps his job despite a horrendous record of trades and drafts. It is a shame, too, because at one time KC was a "model" franchise.

GOREDSGO32

Who is your second favorite MLB team??

Most people, like me, probably don't have one or if do, don't really keep up with them - if not - which team do you root for to do well come playoff time? For me, I usually go for the Twins, who are usually in the thick of things near the end of the year - very low market team that Selig wanted to contract, and always over achieves. I always go for them come playoff time to take away a spot from the evil empire the Yankees, or the BoSox. It's nice to see the little dog be in the fight at the end of the year.

Re: Who is your second favorite MLB team??

Seattle Mariners

Baltimore Orioles

There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I have been pulling for the Boston Red Sox in the AL the past few years.

GOREDSGO32

You realize that thread is a year old right?

Senor Votto

I guess the Red Sox. I do like that David Ortiz guy

Turn Off Ads?