Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Favorite Team?

Re: Second Favorite Team?

Reds and thats it. But my brother is a Red Sox fan (don't know why) so i occasionally watch their games.
    3-2 at games this year
    5-9 all time

2010 central division champions

2. Turn Off Ads?

NL - no teams. All of them are the enemies of the Reds.

AL - Allard Baird has beaten the crap out of any feelings I had for the Royals. I root for Oakland because I like the idea that smart people can use creativity and a fresh perspective to produce winning teams.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

I don't have a 2nd favorite team although I have vowed on several occasions that I was going to leave the Reds, especially over the last few years. If pressed I would say my second favorite team is whoever the Cubs are playing that particular day or the Orioles since my brother has followed them for 30+ years.
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

I've been seeing the Red Sox off and on for over 20 years.

My second favorite team is the D-Rays.

I lived in the Tampa area during the first few seasons of the team and really enjoyed going to see the games...HATE where they play but really am amazed at all the young talent that has come through there + when they had Vaughn, McGriff, etc...they were trying to do something like AZ did but it just didn't work out and that's a good tihng.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Red Sox -- the local 9, plus my older son's team

Quote Originally Posted by indyred
    MY AL team is the Indians.........Going to see Jacobs Field at some point this year........how far drive is it from Cincy to Cleveland?
    About 240 miles, give or take a few.

My sister had a house mate that was the sister of Tony Muser (former Royals Mgr.) when he played for the Brewers when they were in the AL...he used to leave tickets for us at Cleveland games in Municipal Stadium...I think it sat close to 150K and there would be 12 people there so we would run all over the stadium...liked the tickets hate the Tribe...even when I worked at a station that broadcast the tribe games it was hard for me to actually get a promo about their games out of my mouth...they're just ...well, the Tribe.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Tampa Bay Deviled Eggs.

Hands down.
    This made me think of a character in the movie my youngest brother co-wrote called Three Barbecues. Their website is being updated, but you can see it sometime at www.threebarbecues.com The character was played by Dylan Speeg of the Cincinnati band Buckra.

I tend towards the Cardinals since my wife is from Jefferson City, MO. She grew up a Cards fan, but is now a Reds fan. One year we went to a Reds/Cardinals game and my oldest daughter, then about 5 years old, said "I hope they both win!". Great fans who put us to shame these days.

The pride of the South Atlantic League....the Lexington Legends

The Reds are my favorite team. I was born here, I've always followed them. The Yankees are right there with them though. I've followed them since I was a kid. Back then, I'd never heard of a big market or a small market. I loved the way Rickey Henderson looked when he was taking his lead from first. I knew that Steinbrenner had some unhealthy negative energy towards "Mr. May". I always wondered how Don Mattingly would stack up against the all-time greats. I hoped Guidry had a couple more years left in the tank. If he did, the Yankees might finish better than 2nd. I don't think there was a Yankees bandwagon between the Bronx Zoo days and the teams of the mid-late 90's, but that's when I became a fan. Those teams didn't do a whole lot, but I just loved the players. I got sucked in, and haven't let go since.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz
    This made me think of a character in the movie my youngest brother co-wrote called Three Barbecues. Their website is being updated, but you can see it sometime at www.threebarbecues.com The character was played by Dylan Speeg of the Cincinnati band Buckra.
    Here's a shot found on Yahoo photos

My second favorite team is my Rotisserie team. Otherwise, it's the Reds against the world.

The Dayton Dragons.

Turn Off Ads?