Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Second Favorite Team?

Re: Who is your second favorite MLB team??

Whoever's playing the Flubs and Cards are my #2 and 3 teams... if they are playing each other then I turn off the tv and hope the umpires throw both teams out.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

I'm a Yankee fan. I come by it honestly: my parents are from Connecticut, my first 8-10 ballgames I attended were all Yankee games at Comiskey back when we lived in Chicago and my dad didn't want to miss a chance to see Donnie Baseball in person, and at no point of my childhood were the Yankees any good. I was trained to cheer for them when they were finishing fourth in the AL East every year... no front-runner or bandwagon-jumper am I.

Of course, now that the Yankees are the Evil Empire and now that every city in America is a "local market" for the Yanks, thanks to ESPN's Fine Baseball Coverage, I am vilified by most of my friends.

They live and die with the Reds. And make no mistake, I live and become terminally ill (at some point between July and September) with the Reds, too. It's just that on my deathbed, every year since 1996, I receive a booster shot of Vitamin Yankee, spring to life, and get to enjoy being a baseball fan well into October. And sometimes, into November.

It's pretty sweet. Neener neener neener.

redsgabp

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    This year I have 4 days off at Fourth of July and my wife is going with her sister on a trip.

I'm seriously thinking of going to Kansas City for a game on July Fourth. I've never been there and I'm stupid enough to catch St. Louis and head to Chicago that weekend for the White Sox on the way home. I think the Tigers and Reds are in town as well.

Time to save up the money.

i'm already saving up for my july 4th vacation too.

i will be in daytona for the pepsi 400

i was at the 500 this year in feb. and now i'm going back for the july race!!!!

My second favorite team would be any team that is beating the Yankees on that particular day.

I can watch almost any baseball game and enjoy it. I only root for the Reds, I have no second favorite team.

I freakin hate the rest of the NL central in the following order (worst to least)

Cubs
    Cards
    Brewers
    Astros
    George Grande when we play the Cards
    Cubs
    Pirates

Tigers. And this was established a few yrs before they even sniffed last year's success, by having lived in Toledo area since '89 and watching the Hens play....
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Yankees. I greatly enjoyed watching Paul O'Neil gain rings and respect playing for NY and I grew to appreciate the class players on those championship teams. Wade Boggs, Tino Martinez, Bernie Williams, Jeter, Rivera, Petite, El Duque. Even Strawberry was easy for me to cheer for in pinstripes.

I don't so much as cheer for them and I am more anti Red Sox than pro Yankee but I have been cheering for them in the play-offs the last ten years or so.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Marc D View Post
    I can watch almost any baseball game and enjoy it. I only root for the Reds, I have no second favorite team.
    I'll second that.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    I'll second that.
    That pretty much sums me up as well

Texas Rangers for absolutely no reason.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

i don't have a 2nd favorite team, i see no reason for one, Reds all the way!

Kansas City Royals--they need all the support they can get

Still only the Reds.

Oh I'll watch other games, any other baseball game on TV at any time, but I don't give a rats who wins.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Hate all of them except the Reds. I will root for whoever is playing the Cubs though. I truly despise them.

The evil Yankees. Like Mainered, I've liked them since Paul O'Neil went over there. I love watching A-Rod play, some people don't realize that he's one of the greatest players to ever play the game, it's like watching Griffey when he was younger.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?