Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Second Favorite Team?

Re: Who is your second favorite MLB team??

My far distant second team is the Red Sox.

I've had 2 long professional stints with companies based out of Boston (DEC, EMC) so I've traveled up there quite a bit. If the Sox were in town, I always tried to get to Fenway to see a game. I've always had a soft spot for watching games there. Great atmosphere and great fans. It always seemed like a game there was an event. Can't say I was ever keen on any particular player, it was more the stadium, the uniform, and the long-suffering fans.

It has changed a bit since 2004 though. The average Sox fan has gotten a bit more impatient (dare I say Yankee-ish) and is making the transition from long-suffering to insufferable.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is your second favorite MLB team??

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    My far distant second team is the Red Sox.

I've had 2 long professional stints with companies based out of Boston (DEC, EMC) so I've traveled up there quite a bit. If the Sox were in town, I always tried to get to Fenway to see a game. I've always had a soft spot for watching games there. Great atmosphere and great fans. It always seemed like a game there was an event. Can't say I was ever keen on any particular player, it was more the stadium, the uniform, and the long-suffering fans.

It has changed a bit since 2004 though. The average Sox fan has gotten a bit more impatient (dare I say Yankee-ish) and is making the transition from long-suffering to insufferable.
    I have not spent time in Boston, but in my experience the average sox fan has always been insufferable. It's only that the media exposure has flushed them out the last couple of years, and the generic underdog-rooting public no longer had reason to feel for them since they won. I honestly never found long tirades about being the best team that never won any more enjoyable than long tirades about how they did win.

Admittedly my own fandom influences the conversation, though.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Can he be stopped?

Re: Second Favorite Team?

Whoever's beating the Cubs on a given day is okay by me. Any team beating the Cards or Stros I'll cheer for as well. I liked the Nats until Leatherpants ruined them. They were a nice story for a year before Bowden got to run them to the ground. What he did to Frank Robinson was sad, but Acta will be a good manager.

I liked the Marlins as well, but Jeff Lurie also screwed up in handling his manager. Stupid owners/GMs.

Turn Off Ads?