Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Junior won't be activated today (also on other board)

WHOOOOOO!

Junior won't be activated today (also on other board)

I know it is on the other board, but I just had to post on this. I really love what the organization is starting to do with Krivsky and Castellini, but why the continuing of the lies about the condition of Griff. I don't know about you but i am sick and tired of the Reds FO trying to use kid gloves with Griff. Tell us the truth. This may actually be the first year that Griff being lost for the season would not put us in the tank for the year. It seems as if with this situation you can change the Reds, but you can't change their spots.
    If we weren't all crazy we would go insane.-Jimmy Buffett

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Junior won't be activated today (also on other board)

It's okay to post in this board for everyone to comment on it. I don't see why people don't just post it here first and if it gets too out of control, they can post it on the other board.

From Marc's blog tonight:

Let's save the conspiracy theories on Junior's situation. He says he's not 100 percent ready, and until he is, he's not inclined to go back out there.

"When I come back, it's not going to be one of those things where we try to protect this, protect that," he said.

My guess is we may see him for the Cardinals series, and whether that happens or not, I'd be very surprised if he's not on the plane to Denver after Tuesday's game.

"I'm not alarmed by it at all," said Wayne Krivsky. "We know he's doing all his running and throwing and all his prescribed rehab, but he's not quite there yet.
    There's no hidden agenda, none of that."

We are winning without him and I think the team has a nice balance with improved speed and defense so why rush him back. Let's wait until he is 100% and get a biog boost when he returns.

Reading this morning's Enquirer, I've got a hunch that Cody Ross finger which was struck in last nights game, will be bothersome enough to DL him when Griffey's ready to come of the DL himself. Like I said, just a hunch.

I don't know what the organization is doing with JR, maybe there is a conspiracy or maybe they just want to give him a couple of extra days. Naron did mention earlier in the week that if JR returned friday he would build in a couple of rest days during his first week back. So maybe they do just want to wait until he is fully healthy. I don't want to see JR out there at some partial level of health and not performing up to his usual standard, like he did in April of '05.

And I refuse to believe that our offense is better without JR. Dunn has been struggling since JR went on the DL, and teams are going to approach Dunn and the rest of the lineup completely different when you don't have JR batting 3rd. Teams can pitch for the strike out with Adam Dunn when JR isn't in the lineup b/c then you have Aurilla and Kearns coming up. I think teams pitch Dunn completely differently without JR and he has to make adjustments.

I like the lineup with Phillips and Freel added, and I'm a fan of team speed. The play of Freel and Phillips during JR's absence should only force the decision of the front office to ask Dunn or JR to play 1st base so that Freel and Phillips can be in the lineup every day.

Turn Off Ads?