Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Freel at 1B???????

Re: Ryan Freel at 1B???????

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy
    Personally, I'd prefer Griffey at first. He has played there a few games in the Majors.
    Not that I don't think he could do it, but he's played all of 2 innings there in his career.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Does Denorfia play CF? I would move Jr to LF, Dunn to first freel and Deno in CF
    have Phillips at 2b with Aurillia as back up
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

Kearns would make the best 1b of the lot. Of course he is probably also our best OF.

Quote Originally Posted by pahster
    Not that I don't think he could do it, but he's played all of 2 innings there in his career.
    that's true, he's played there a lot less then I thought.

I still think that it would be better for his career if he'd consider it.

LF - Dunn
    CF - Freel
    1B - Jr.
    2B - BP

Quote Originally Posted by puca
    Kearns would make the best 1b of the lot. Of course he is probably also our best OF.
    Yeah, he's by far the outfielder on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    LF - Dunn
    CF - Freel
    1B - Jr.
    2B - BP
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    He plays everyday at 2B, unless they move Dunn to first.
    I've "warmed" to the idea of moving Dunn to 1B solely for two reasons....

#1 - Freel everday in this lineup. Where? OF (his natural position).
    #2 - Phillips everyday in this lineup at 2B. He's gonna improve our INF "D", and even with the "growing pains", I look at the potential with EE (3B), Lopez (SS), and Phillips (2B). We gotta give this Phillips kid a shot. Alot of fans are kinda peeved in Cleveland that they let him go.

But Freel at 1B? Does EE and Lopez need a smaller target? Lets cut these kids some slack!

But Dunn does not want to play 1B.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Reds seem to have a good feeling about Phillips and with his production why not let the kid loose. Edwin has the role at third and lopez short (could be the future infield) Freel, as well as he is doing will have to relieve CF back to Griffey, and freel will go back to the utility role. This is the reds we are talking about, injuries will happen. The other choice is to trade freel maybe for a descent reliever.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullboat
    Does Denorfia play CF? I would move Jr to LF, Dunn to first freel and Deno in CF
    have Phillips at 2b with Aurillia as back up
    ...and Freel goes where?

Also, I think Phillips ha smore potential to be a long-term answer at second than does Freel, so I would play him there. There's NO reason, however, that either Junior or Dunn couldn't move to first, other than their own personal dislike of the move.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    LF - Dunn
    CF - Freel
    1B - Jr.
    2B - BP
    Three things about this arrangement:

1) Junior will provide better defense in LF than Dunn.
    2) Dunn will provide better defense at 1B than Junior, who has never played there.
    3) Junior and some team physicians believe that the stretching and lunging he would have to do at 1B would actually be harder on Junior's legs than the running he does in the OF.

I have been a proponent of moving Junior to 1B for two or three years now, but it looks like it just won't happen for a while.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    ...and Freel goes where?

Also, I think Phillips ha smore potential to be a long-term answer at second than does Freel, so I would play him there. There's NO reason, however, that either Junior or Dunn couldn't move to first, other than their own personal dislike of the move.

Freel /Dino at CF

Quote Originally Posted by Fullboat
    Freel /Dino at CF
    Whoops, sorry, hadn't seen Freel's name there.

There goes my mistake for the day.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

I don't think any of this will happen. Freel will not be a regular starter when the team is healthy.

He will play a lot of centerfield and second base, resting Griffey and Phillips. If there is an injury, things will be juggled to get Freel some steady work.

I also don't think Denorfia will be up real soon, unless there are injuries or trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61
    I don't think any of this will happen. Freel will not be a regular starter when the team is healthy.

He will play a lot of centerfield and second base, resting Griffey and Phillips. If there is an injury, things will be juggled to get Freel some steady work.

I also don't think Denorfia will be up real soon, unless there are injuries or trades.
    Yeap. Its not MVP Baseball,These guy have egos & agents.

Turn Off Ads?