Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: zack day

zack day

Zack Day was designated for assisgnment today. would you take a chance on him?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: zack day

Nope.
    Go Gators!

If he was willing to go to Lousiville and wait for a call up that might never come.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    If he was willing to go to Lousiville and wait for a call up that might never come.
    I'd probably bite on that. Team him up with Darrel May.

I don't think Zach got over being traded to Colorado. He's gonna be long relief anyhow. Might be an idea to slide Belisle into the 5 hole and let Day try his hand where a uni from home.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Ah, Day. When I first read that, it came out in my head as Duke, and I was like, no way...Littlefield isn't really that dumb is he?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I recall a couple years ago that there was an small ourcrying on this board to trade for him, Willy Mo or Kearns if I am correct. Just goes to show how predicting future success is difficult for both the professionals and us armchair GM's.
    Let's play two!!!

Most of that outcry was because he's a local guy, if he were "Bob Smith from Oklahoma" I don't think many would have been after a guy with his record and skills.
    Go Gators!

I don't think there is any question he was probably unretreivably ruined sometime ago. But his 3 yrs in an Expos uniform would tell me to take a chance on him. He gave up about a hit an inning, his K's were always better than his walks (barely but still better) and he never gave up many longballs. Has he been ruined? Quite possibly but I would definitely give him a chance, send him to Chattanooga and give him a try.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Put him in the rotation and then give him two starts. If he does great the fans on this board will proclaim the next Tom Seaver. If he does lousy then they'll say dump his ass.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nkufan
    Could it hurt?

Yes put in a claim for Zach Day and DfA Womack.

White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

Ground ball pitcher in GABP.

Quote Originally Posted by nkufan
    Is he the local guy (from LaSalle) who everyone thought would be traded to the Reds until one of our players broke his hand here? I'd take a flyer on him. As I recall he wasn't too bad and that might be better than what we have right now.

He cant do any worse than Dave Williams!!! give him a shot

I think to give him a shot he is 20-24 with a 4.66 ERA and 3 saves in 5 years I think it is Coors sendrum. Try him cause he is from Cincy.

Turn Off Ads?