Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WEHT.....Members

Re: WEHT.....Members

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    Not sure if I'm thinking of correct poster, but I think he was perma banned a long time ago.
    I think she of referring to former Reds player Alex Ochoa. Last I heard, Alex was playing over in Japan.

Ochoa put up a .269/.327/.418 line for Chunichi of the Japanese League last year. I assume he is playing over there again this year.

That kid had one of the better outfield arms I have ever seen.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...ex-ochoa.shtml
    I miss Adam Dunn.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    I think she of referring to former Reds player Alex Ochoa. Last I heard, Alex was playing over in Japan.

Ochoa put up a .269/.327/.418 line for Chunichi of the Japanese League last year. I assume he is playing over there again this year.

That kid had one of the better outfield arms I have ever seen.
    Yes, I was asking about the baseball player; sorry. Thank you for info. I'm left wondering why no team wanted him.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792
    Big Donkey: Last visit on February 14, 2006 ... always had some inside scoops on what was going on in the front office and on the trading front.
    Hmmm... last visit less than a week after Krivsky's hiring. Since Kriv didn't waste much time making some personnel moves, maybe Big Donkey's source within the front office hit the bricks. Or maybe (conspiracy theory, feel free to discount if anyone knows who he really is) Big Donkey himself was the source who's no longer there. He never claimed to work for the Reds, though. But if a Reds front office person was on here, floating trial balloons and feeding us scoops, would he volunteer his credentials? Probably not.
    Not all who wander are lost

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed
    Hmmm... last visit less than a week after Krivsky's hiring. Since Kriv didn't waste much time making some personnel moves, maybe Big Donkey's source within the front office hit the bricks. Or maybe (conspiracy theory, feel free to discount if anyone knows who he really is) Big Donkey himself was the source who's no longer there. He never claimed to work for the Reds, though. But if a Reds front office person was on here, floating trial balloons and feeding us scoops, would he volunteer his credentials? Probably not.
    It was my understanding that Big Donkey was a member of the media somehow. He never really discussed his credentials much, his usually accurate inside scoops spoke for themselves.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    It was my understanding that Big Donkey was a member of the media somehow. He never really discussed his credentials much, his usually accurate inside scoops spoke for themselves.
    Yeah, the notion that BD was himself in the front office is just idle speculation. But given the timing, I still think there's a possibility his source of inside info isn't in the Reds' front office now. It's just a semi-educated guess, though. There are any number of reasons a guy might stop posting for awhile.
    Not all who wander are lost

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792

BillyBeaneFan: He posted here for about three weeks last summer and racked up over 200 rep points in just that small amount of time. He also posted a nugget about leaving the country to study abroad ... and hasn't been back to the board since.
    I can answer this one pretty well since I am close friends with him and introduced him to Redszone last spring. He studied abroad all summer in Russia and had little to no access to a computer. Currently, he is pretty swamped with classwork as the last I heard from him he was trying to graduate early. I honestly have not talked to him much at all lately even though he only lives about about 2 blocks away. We went to a Reds game together last September before we left for school and I know he's still an avid Reds fan. I might bug him a little and tell him that people would like to see him back.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    WEHT...TeamDunn. She hasn't posted since July 8, 2005. She was a regular around here and then all of a sudden quit posting.
    She's fine. I went to a game with her a couple weeks ago. We're mullling over springing for Diamonds when her favorite player comes to town.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by NDRed
    I'll start it off because he has always been one of my favorities.

WEHT.....................Red Storm
    I heard from Stormy some time ago, and he was being kept busy with a family real estate development business in Virginia that he had to take over after the death of his father.

I sure wish he would post again. I miss disagreeing with him.

Has anyone seen Phil in BG lately?

Zombie got a job that takes too much time? Sellout.

I often wonder what Guernsey is up to.

I wish he was here. I'd like to ask him about his philosophy that the bullpen is the easiest part of a team to replace. :
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Has anyone seen LarkinFan?

How about RedRoser? (I haven't seen him but the member list says he last visited today)

What about Richard Hand? (only kidding)

Remember Griffeyfan?
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Where's Bad Fundam...nah, I can't even finish the thought..
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

No asking about duals
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21
    I can answer this one pretty well since I am close friends with him and introduced him to Redszone last spring. He studied abroad all summer in Russia and had little to no access to a computer. Currently, he is pretty swamped with classwork as the last I heard from him he was trying to graduate early. I honestly have not talked to him much at all lately even though he only lives about about 2 blocks away. We went to a Reds game together last September before we left for school and I know he's still an avid Reds fan. I might bug him a little and tell him that people would like to see him back.
    Glad to hear BBFan is doing well, and it'd be great to see him back on the board again if he's got some free time.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

Turn Off Ads?