Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/22/06 Game Thread - Reds vs. Brewers

Re: 4/22/06 Game Thread - Reds vs. Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    The one thing I cannot believe, more than Claussen getting bombed more than Tara Reid on Cinco de Mayo, is that Dave Bush is throwing a ONE-HITTER!
    They should have started Aurilia!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    The Reds won the Pennant that year, the only time it had happened before was against the Giants in 1939.. a year the Reds won the pennant as well.
    Code:
    6-6-39

CIN N    0  0  0    0  0  3    0  0  0  -   3 11
    NY  N    3  1  2    8  3  0    0  0  x  -  17 20

Hmmm.... I detect a pattern here....

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    The one thing I cannot believe, more than Claussen getting bombed more than Tara Reid on Cinco de Mayo, is that Dave Bush is throwing a ONE-HITTER!
    The Reds look like a team that haven't had an off day in a while. Plus, Dave Bush isn't a bad pitcher at all. I thought it was a fantastic acquisition when the Brewers picked him off Toronto.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    I guess opening day was a Diet Pepsi overconsumption-induced hallucination, then.
    You can give Dunn as much credit for the crappy numbers coming out of that game as Harang. I simply think FCB is overreacting on those 2.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792
    • Reds team DIPS ERA is now 5.10, and the team HR/9 is 1.99.
    • Reds starters' DIPS ERA is now 5.41, and the starters' HR/9 is 2.17.
    • Reds bullpen DIPS ERA is now 4.61, and the bullpen HR/9 is 1.59.

That's right, you're not seeing things. The Reds starting staff has a HR/9 ratio of 2.17. They've given up 24 home runs in 99.1 innings this season.

And that's why Wayne Krivsky can't afford to burn off what trade value the franchise has in the pursuance of bullpen. Starting pitching continues to be the most glaring area of weakness with the Cincinnati Reds.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz
    Hmmm.... I detect a pattern here....
    Speaking of patterns.... I was just teaching my 10 yr old son how to mow the yard with the John Deere. He couldn't follow the pattern either.

The yard looked like a bad Andy warhol haircut.

But it was his first time. He's learning.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    The Reds look like a team that haven't had an off day in a while. Plus, Dave Bush isn't a bad pitcher at all. I thought it was a fantastic acquisition when the Brewers picked him off Toronto.
    With a 5+ ERA coming into today's game. You know, over the course of 162 games, and 30+ starts for starters, you'll have games like these.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    And that's why Wayne Krivsky can't afford to burn off what trade value the franchise has in the pursuance of bullpen. Starting pitching continues to be the most glaring area of weakness with the Cincinnati Reds.
    Yep. Thats why anyone not named Dan O'Brien can usually find middle relief/bullpen help. But starting pitching is a rare commodity.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Speaking of patterns.... I was just teaching my 10 yr old son how to mow the yard with the John Deere. He couldn't follow the pattern either.

The yard looked like a bad Andy warhol haircut.

But it was his first time. He's learning.
    Hold a can of Campbell's Tomatoe Soup up, take a picture and sell it for a million bucks!

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

At least the Buckeyes won...

Damian Miller, the Reds killer just hits his 3rd dbl today.

Anyone notice how we have shut down the middle part of this order? The bottom tier has killed us today.

Even with some of the bad performances of the past week, I still think the pitching this year is better than last year. This year the problem is consistency--they have four starters with potential every time they go out, sometimes you get Cy Young, sometimes you get Eric Milton version2005, last year I don't recall having such wide fluctuations. Additionally, if they get to the 7th inning, the bullpen has been ok (as long as they don't have to face that awful fellow from that overrated beer magnate named stadium's team--and I don't wish to hear from him today, by the way.)
    Where we gonna go?

Yeah, but the fluctuation is gonna kill us!

I believe the Reds pitching staff may be diagnosed as bipolar.
    Where we gonna go?

This just isn't LaRue's day!

Nice sliding catch by Brady Clark!

Turn Off Ads?