Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wood and Homer pitching tonight

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wood and Homer pitching tonight

wood perfect through 1 with a k.

Re: Wood and Homer pitching tonight

some people on here mentioned the dayton game was on tv tonight, so if you are watching, please give us a report on how wood looks.

Bailey gave up three runs in the first inning.

Last year he couldn't throw strikes, this year he finally finds some control...and now he's getting rocked. Just once I would love to see a Reds pitching prospect actually step it up and thoroughly dominate competition for a full season.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Bailey gave up three runs in the first inning.

Last year he couldn't throw strikes, this year he finally finds some control...and now he's getting rocked. Just once I would love to see a Reds pitching prospect actually step it up and thoroughly dominate competition for a full season.
    Cant dominate them all. Its early still in the season, this is what, his 4th start?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Cant dominate them all. Its early still in the season, this is what, his 4th start?
    I know it's only four starts but I was hoping he come out of the gates dominating this year. He has been pretty good I guess, but I have higher hopes than just pretty good.

4.2 IP, 5 H, 5 R(2 ER), 0 BB, 5 K
    5.2 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 0 BB, 5 K
    5 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 5 K
    5 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 3 BB, 5 K

I know it's only four starts but I was hoping he come out of the gates dominating this year. He has been pretty good I guess, but I have higher hopes than just pretty good.

4.2 IP, 5 H, 5 R(2 ER), 0 BB, 5 K
    5.2 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 0 BB, 5 K
    5 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 5 K
    5 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 3 BB, 5 K

I gotta call my bookie - throw down some cheese on Bailey getting exactly 5 K's next start.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

wood 2ip 2h 1er 2k's
    bailey 1ip 2h 3er 1bb 1k
    chick 1ip 1h 0er 1bb 1k

As far as updates go, here they are:
    Travis Wood: 5ip, 4 hits, 2 ER, 3 walks, 3 k's. Season ERA 3.57. Done tonight
    Homer Bailey: 5ip, 5 hits, 4 ER, 3 walks, 5 k's. Season ERA 3.98. Done tonight
    Travis Chick: 5ip, 2 hits, 0 runs, 1 walk, 4 k's. Season ERA 3.44. Still pitching.

Travis Chick is through 6, 3 hits, 1 walk, 0 runs, 5 strikeouts.

Doubtfull Homer will dominate at this point, he is still catching up to the level, considering his rawness with those 2nd pitches.

Chick looked good tonight(who would ever believe me saying this, where's M2 lol!!!)

Travis Chick is through 6, 3 hits, 1 walk, 0 runs, 5 strikeouts.
    He hit a double in the game as well to help himself out, along with Votto's 3rd SB of the year.

The thing I want to see out of Homer this year is progression with his secondary pitches and fewer walks than last year. Thats all I am really looking for, but I am not disappointed with his start this year at all. His walk totals need to stay down and tonight wasnt the most promising, but its still early.

Great to see Travis Chick put together a great start. Consistency is the key. Chick has the stuff to be a pretty good major league pitcher, maybe in the mold of the 2002-2004 version of Kip Wells. We'll see if he can string together a few starts like this in a row.

This outing brings Chick's '06 numbers to: 19.1 innings, 18 hits, 6 walks, 15 strikeouts, 1.26 WHIP, and a 3.26 ERA.

Great to see Travis Chick put together a great start. Consistency is the key. Chick has the stuff to be a pretty good major league pitcher, maybe in the mold of the 2002-2004 version of Kip Wells. We'll see if he can string together a few starts like this in a row.

This outing brings Chick's '06 numbers to: 19.1 innings, 18 hits, 6 walks, 15 strikeouts, 1.26 WHIP, and a 3.26 ERA.
    He was way overrushed last year, so I sorta throw it out. He is sorta Baileyesque that he has the mechanics, but the secondary pitches simply aren't there for him to be successfull in the Majors yet. Considering he orginially came from the Marlins stockpile, I have some hope for him next season barring injury.

The thing I want to see out of Homer this year is progression with his secondary pitches and fewer walks than last year. Thats all I am really looking for, but I am not disappointed with his start this year at all. His walk totals need to stay down and tonight wasnt the most promising, but its still early.
    Knock on wood (no pun intended), but mainly I want these guys to remain healthy. They have talent and are still extremely young. After the disasters in recent memory (Howington, Gruler, etc) I'd like to see one of these big names actually make it to the point where we can get legitimately excited.

Turn Off Ads?