Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wood and Homer pitching tonight

Re: Wood and Homer pitching tonight

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    Knock on wood (no pun intended), but mainly I want these guys to remain healthy. They have talent and are still extremely young. After the disasters in recent memory (Howington, Gruler, etc) I'd like to see one of these big names actually make it to the point where we can get legitimately excited.
    Exactly! I agree 100%. These guys all have major league ability, they just have to make a little progression each year, and STAY HEALTHY! Rome wasn't built in a day, so just give them some time, and let's see what they develop into in a couple of years. I think they are all pitching well against older hitters. AAA- Germano (23) Ramirez (23); AA- Pelland (22) Chick (21); A+- Bailey (almost 20), and some good college draftees last year, along with Vazquez; A- Wood (19), Cueto (20), Valiquette (19), and some more decent college draftees from last year. So I think there is hope, the Reds just have to be patient.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Did I miss a rule or something that they can only go 5 innings? It seems that whenever I see the pitching line on these guys that's all the throw. May be a dumb question but I don't recall ever hearing anything about it.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

There is no rule, but they probably have pitch limits being that they are still both 19 (I assume you mean Wood and Bailey)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Travis Chick is through 6, 3 hits, 1 walk, 0 runs, 5 strikeouts.
    He hit a double in the game as well to help himself out, along with Votto's 3rd SB of the year.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Yeah, I am trying to figure out why Votto is running so much. He has never had more than 9 stolen bases in a season in the minors, and he has three already and April isnt over.

Yeah, I am trying to figure out why Votto is running so much. He has never had more than 9 stolen bases in a season in the minors, and he has three already and April isnt over.
    Yea, I know, I think he was caught stealing once too, so he's ran 4 times so far, go figure. On a side note. I saw Justin Upton last night. Not much to report, I think I'll go again in a couple of weeks to get a better report to post. He had an two run double, with a couple of strikeouts. I think he just has to get his timing. He seemed to reaching for balls on the outside part of the plate.

Trying to be more scrappy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    I know it's only four starts but I was hoping he come out of the gates dominating this year. He has been pretty good I guess, but I have higher hopes than just pretty good.

4.2 IP, 5 H, 5 R(2 ER), 0 BB, 5 K
    5.2 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 0 BB, 5 K
    5 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 5 K
    5 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 3 BB, 5 K

I gotta call my bookie - throw down some cheese on Bailey getting exactly 5 K's next start.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?