Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bonds goes bye bye (finally)

Bonds goes bye bye (finally)

Just hit his 1st homer of the year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bonds goes bye bye (finally)

Now we get to hear ESPN talk about Barroid nonstop for the next three days. I hope and pray he doesn't pass Ruth. Walk him or drill him, just don't let him pass Ruth.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Now we get to hear ESPN talk about Barroid nonstop for the next three days. I hope and pray he doesn't pass Ruth. Walk him or drill him, just don't let him pass Ruth.
    That's unfortunately true, but I was already sick of hearing how he went 0-3 and had only "warning track" power.

The story having zero homeruns was unfortunately bigger to them than him having just one and not being on pace to break the record.

This, hopefully will be a happy medium haha.
    "If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, why do they even keep score?"

And the HR was given up by Hamilton's own Aaron Cook.

Boooooooo! Do not let him pass Babe Ruth.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Just hit his 1st homer of the year.
    In related news, Bonds was asked to urinate in a cup shortly after crossing home plate.

RisingReds

The way ESPN has been covering his slump is absolutely ridiculous! you hear nothing about ichiro hitting 190, bonds is still 2nd in all of baseball in on base percentage even with his 200 average. he also has hit 3 to the wall already that i've seen this season. he is in no longer of a slump than a lot of great players get in. i believe he used steroids, but you can't deny he's a great player even if he didn't, because look at some of the players that got busted, its not as easy as they make it out to be, to hear the media tell it, you stick a needle in your butt, and you can hit 73 hr's no problem. I don't expect people to like bonds, but you have to admit he's one of the greatest of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by RisingReds
    The way ESPN has been covering his slump is absolutely ridiculous! you hear nothing about ichiro hitting 190, bonds is still 2nd in all of baseball in on base percentage even with his 200 average. he also has hit 3 to the wall already that i've seen this season. he is in no longer of a slump than a lot of great players get in. i believe he used steroids, but you can't deny he's a great player even if he didn't, because look at some of the players that got busted, its not as easy as they make it out to be, to hear the media tell it, you stick a needle in your butt, and you can hit 73 hr's no problem. I don't expect people to like bonds, but you have to admit he's one of the greatest of all time.
    I'll be the first to admit that he was a great one without steroids. He didn't have the power in his bat to launch 73 out of the park though. Unfortunately, Bonds has ruined what was a great career. His legacy won't include conversation like "he was great without the juice". It will include a lot of conversation about cheating and steroids. Don't blame the media for hounding that angle. Bonds created that one for himself. If you want to blame the media, go after them for not extending the same courtesy to guys like McGwire, Sosa, Giambi, Sheffield, etc...
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862
    Boooooooo! Do not let him pass Babe Ruth.
    bean him everytime.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?