Turn Off Ads?

Thread: My new gadget - MobiBlu DAH-1500i

My new gadget - MobiBlu DAH-1500i

I just had to share this, I bought my first (and long overdue) mp3 player the other day. It is really too cool, the mobiblu dah-1500i, a cube about the size of pool chalk.

http://www.mobibluamerica.com/dah1500.html

These were the characteristics I was looking for in my mp3 player :
    1) something with decent size flash memory that I could stick a few albums worth of songs on. got it in this 2GB version
    2) good sound - I am very very surprised with the sound. More than satisfying.
    3) simple operation that did not require addtional software - this is just plug in USB and drag and drop just like any flash memory drive
    4) compact size as I don't like to carry extra stuff around. The headphones that come with this thing are the necklace type though of course you can go purchase whatever you want. But the necklace thing works well for me. I don't want anything else in my pocket.

A negative is advertised battery charge maxing iout around 8-10 hours. I don't see that as being an issue for me, but it is a valid issue for some users I am sure.

This is an awesome little cube. Hope it lasts!

I must say, after owning this about 10 days, it definitely fits the bill on all of the above counts. I am a little concerned about their customer service should I need it. All they really have in on-line suppport is a blog that right now is loaded with complaints, though many of them seem to be about the older products. Still not a great indication so far. However, mine has worked fine so far, knock on wood.
    Last edited by bucksfan; 04-29-2006 at 10:25 PM.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: My new gadget - MobiBlu DAH-1500i

Never heard of it. Looks interesting though.

Here's a tip: If you want to keep your music organized, get iTunes, best program for listening to music, and use the "Consolidate Library" function. It'll copy all of your files to a 'iTunes' folder, where they can all be accessed in one place and are sorted by artist.

I have an Iriver h10 (20 GB)

I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an ipod alternative. I got it for $195 through buydig.com (found it through bizrate.com)

School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    I have an Iriver h10 (20 GB)

I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an ipod alternative. I got it for $195 through buydig.com (found it through bizrate.com)

That's what I've got too, except mine is a 5GB version. All the functionality and performance - none of the attached cliche.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I was considering iRiver if I went with a higher capacity hard drive unit. I decided to limit my initial forray into this world to very compact flash players. For whatever reaon, I researched the heck out of these things, moreso than I ever did a car or many larger purchases!?!?! I guess it's because initially I didn't even know what I wanted or what was really available. With a vehicle you tend to know both what you want/need and what is on the market.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?