Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mayo and Walker show could be over

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Re: Mayo and Walker show could be over

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Sounds like recruiting violations waiting to happen
    Walker especially. I'm not going to divulge full specifics, but just understand that before Mayo and Walker went to Cincinnati, Walker was a full grade ahead of Mayo(Walker was in 9th and Mayo was in 8th).
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    I heard discussion today that he could play in the NDBL next year(they lowered the age limit), which would mean he could get a big shoe contract right now. Playing HS and college ball will do nothing to further his career and if he wants some money now, he can get his hands on it.
    Heard the same, also saw OJ quoted as saying that Sonny Vaccaro does a lot of "non-basketball business" for him. That's interesting, considering Sonny is VP of Reebok/Addias and it just so happens he's very tight with Mick Cronin. It wouldn't suprise me if that is why Huggins is pushing Mayo to transfer to Oak Hill (a Nike school); I doubt he wants OJ around Cincy for a year where Sonny can get in his ear at will and Mick can recruit on a daily basis.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

Just had on 12 news that Mayo has been suspended for 180 days from NCH for a "altercation" with a female student last week.

Guess that's why he's going to transfer. Sounds like he's growing up to be Mr. Wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    Just had on 12 news that Mayo has been suspended for 180 days from NCH for a "altercation" with a female student last week.

Guess that's why he's going to transfer. Sounds like he's growing up to be Mr. Wonderful.
    http://www.wkrc.com/breaking/story.a...1-6B0CDC2142CD

North College Hill basketball star, OJ Mayo, has been suspended for 180 days, a school board member confirms to Local 12. The suspension follows an alleged confrontation with a female student last week. The six-foot-five junior won The Associated Press state Mister Basketball award for the second straight year.
    I hate to see this, since i've followed Mayo probably longer than anyone in Cincinnati, but it looks like he will fit right in with Hugg's Thugs.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life

Yep. And what a nice punishment... just let him transfer and play elsewhere as if he did nothing wrong. 180 days of suspension is pretty severe. I doubt that he just had words with this female. And we sometimes wonder why some youthful star athletes end up as troubled men with law problems.

This whole thing is just wrong, wrong, wrong. But who cares about the KID learning right from wrong when he can win ballgames for another team?!? Amazing.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Yep. And what a nice punishment... just let him transfer and play elsewhere as if he did nothing wrong. 180 days of suspension is pretty severe. I doubt that he just had words with this female. And we sometimes wonder why some youthful star athletes end up as troubled men with law problems.

This whole thing is just wrong, wrong, wrong. But who cares about the KID learning right from wrong when he can win ballgames for another team?!? Amazing.
    I'm wondering if the school system could really do anything else. I mean, yeah, suspend him. Then he just moves and goes to play elsewhere. There is also no guarantee that Oak Hill will take him, but I would say its probable.

He will have a black eye as a result of this, but it won't matter as some schools will set it aside for a chance at winning. If Oak Hill doesn't, somebody else will.

On Channel 12 sports last night, they said he either choked or strangled (I forget which) the female student. I know in our school district, you have to do something pretty horrendous to warrant a 180 day suspension.

Something tells me Mayo is not having your normal high school experience.

Pay attention to the open sky

Which came first, the allegations against Mayo or the rumors about transferring?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    I'm wondering if the school system could really do anything else. I mean, yeah, suspend him. Then he just moves and goes to play elsewhere. There is also no guarantee that Oak Hill will take him, but I would say its probable.

He will have a black eye as a result of this, but it won't matter as some schools will set it aside for a chance at winning. If Oak Hill doesn't, somebody else will.
    You are right, WV. It is the whole "system" that stinks in situations like this. It is all about winning... ballgames, not winning at teaching a young man how to behave in society. Teach him that he can do something wrong and just pack it up and be treated like a god elsewhere. I don't want to point fingers at individual schools, but I am sure it would not be hard to find those schools.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

University of Cincinnati

Huggins would be good for him, maybe give him some discipline
    THE University of Cincinnati

If Mayo did strangle a girl, she should press criminal charges.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by beb30
    I always used to joke to WVU fans about the cheerleaders planning on a new cheer when Huggins came to town.

Step 1:Put your hands behind the wall and spread'em.
    Step 2:Stand back up and put your hands behind your head.
    Step 3:Cross your hands behind your back.

For those who don't get it, thats a DUI arrest.

RFA, I really want to go on the record and say NCH did this to themselves. I hate to see Mayo turn out this way, given what I have already mentioned. I'm going to be very interested in the Walker-OHSAA hearings, because that will likely determine if there was foul play involved in bringing these two to Cincinnati.

This could make the whole LeBron situation look tame.

Quote Originally Posted by beb30
    Roy Bright and Donald Little say, "Hi!"
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

I think the timing on all this is rather fishy.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I think the timing on all this is rather fishy.
    Welcome to the world of AAU basketball. Sonny Vaccaro didn't get the nickname "The Godfather" because he's an upstanding fellow.

Turn Off Ads?