Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 76

Thread: Milton headed to surgery, DL

  1. #61
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,622

    Re: Milton headed to surgery, DL

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    He is babysitting Williams.
    Fixed it for you.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,659

    Re: Milton headed to surgery, DL

    The surgery shouldn't take long. There isn't much cartilage left in that knee.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  4. #63
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,572

    Re: Milton headed to surgery, DL

    Quote Originally Posted by Hap
    Brian Reith was also waived by the Reds and then picked up by the Phillies and then waived by the Phillies and then back with the Reds in less than a month's time.

    http://www.baseball-reference.com/r/reithbr01.shtml
    And apparently out of baseball now.
    Go Gators!

  5. #64
    Member red-in-la's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Santa Paula, CA
    Posts
    6,536

    Re: Milton headed to surgery, DL

    Quote Originally Posted by membengal
    May's 6.81 ERA last year is "Milton-like" as far as I am concerned, as DanO traded for a damaged Milton ......
    Milton was signed as a FA.
    "Is there a problem officers?"

  6. #65
    Member membengal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    8,957

    Re: Milton headed to surgery, DL

    Sorry. yes. of course, free agent.

  7. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    854

    Re: Milton headed to surgery, DL

    I didn't even get past the first page before I was disgusted with this thread. Alot of the veteran posters should really think before you type. A player is hurt and going on the DL and the first thing you do is make smart-alec remarks about his "suckiness".

    You should all (and you know who you are) be ashamed of yourselves. I really like Redszone.com and I have learned alot here but, sometimes with all the player-hating and negative vibe coming from alot of posters here it is really hard. Sometimes I swear this isn't Redszone anymore, it looks more like the old cincinnati.com forum.

    Go ahead and ding my rep for this post all you want, it doesn't matter cause unless things start to change, I won't be here anymore.

  8. #67
    Member membengal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    8,957

    Re: Milton headed to surgery, DL

    I don't know if I am a veteran poster, but I am unapolgetic for hoping Milton takes a good 5 months to rehab this latest injury. I want him to be healthy as he looks ahead to retirement...

  9. #68
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,219

    Re: Milton headed to surgery, DL

    A player is hurt and going on the DL and the first thing you do is make smart-alec remarks about his "suckiness".
    A player who makes a quarter millon per start is a pretty big target when he hasn't performed up to said contract.

    As for this not being "Redszone" I say complaining about Milton is more "redszone" than not.

  10. #69
    Ripsnort wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    7,483

    Re: Milton headed to surgery, DL

    Quote Originally Posted by redlegz
    I didn't even get past the first page before I was disgusted with this thread. Alot of the veteran posters should really think before you type. A player is hurt and going on the DL and the first thing you do is make smart-alec remarks about his "suckiness".

    You should all (and you know who you are) be ashamed of yourselves. I really like Redszone.com and I have learned alot here but, sometimes with all the player-hating and negative vibe coming from alot of posters here it is really hard. Sometimes I swear this isn't Redszone anymore, it looks more like the old cincinnati.com forum.

    Go ahead and ding my rep for this post all you want, it doesn't matter cause unless things start to change, I won't be here anymore.

    Ummm....The only time "suckitude" was used was in reference to the knee condition.

    Yes, the degenerative knee condition has caused the suckitude.

    When a player is hurt, he doesn't play as well.

    I think it's a fair assessment.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

  11. #70
    Puffy's Daddy Red Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Centerville, OH
    Posts
    20,422

    Re: Milton headed to surgery, DL

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21
    Narron joked that he tried to ask Krivsky for Homer Bailey, but "he stopped me before the 'H'"
    This guy?

    My kid OWNS him....




    Just sayin'
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

    Your Mom is happy.

  12. #71
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    854

    Re: Milton headed to surgery, DL

    Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    Ummm....The only time "suckitude" was used was in reference to the knee condition.

    Yes, the degenerative knee condition has caused the suckitude.

    When a player is hurt, he doesn't play as well.

    I think it's a fair assessment.

    So someone asking if "suckitude" is covered by insurance is relevant? However you are correct when someone pointed out that the suckitude was caused by the knee condition, that was relevant and I agree with that.

    We could all see in the last start that Milton didn't look the same as he did in ST and his first two starts of the season. I remember in the game thread people were stating that something was wrong and that they thought he was hurt. Yes by all means that is relevant.

  13. #72
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    24,874

    Re: Milton headed to surgery, DL

    I'd say that, in general, if a post doesn't break the rules of the board, preaching against it is pretty fruitless.

  14. #73
    Hey Cubs Fans RFS62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,601

    Re: Milton headed to surgery, DL

    Quote Originally Posted by redlegz
    So someone asking if "suckitude" is covered by insurance is relevant? However you are correct when someone pointed out that the suckitude was caused by the knee condition, that was relevant and I agree with that.

    We could all see in the last start that Milton didn't look the same as he did in ST and his first two starts of the season. I remember in the game thread people were stating that something was wrong and that they thought he was hurt. Yes by all means that is relevant.

    I made the post you're referring to, I believe. And to be truthful, it's the kind of post that used to drive me crazy too.

    But I've kind of gotten used to the concept that when someone around here says a player "sucks", I don't believe they mean it personally. It's pretty much about performance. Last year he sucked, massively.

    I don't wish him any bad luck or ill will. He may be the nicest guy in the world. And it may well have been due to his knee injury, I don't know.

    Likewise, when a player is playing "great", that doesn't necessarily mean he's a good guy. Barry Bonds, for instance.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

  15. #74
    Harry Chiti Fan registerthis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    5,872

    Re: Milton headed to surgery, DL

    Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan
    What I'd really like to see is Belisle for a few starts with Lizard as the long man
    Belisle is the Jeckyl to Dave William's Mr. Hyde.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

  16. #75
    Puffy's Daddy Red Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Centerville, OH
    Posts
    20,422

    Re: Milton headed to surgery, DL

    Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan
    What I'd really like to see is Belisle for a few starts with Lizard as the long man

    Looks like you are going to get your wish after today's game.


    Elizardo Ramirez will start Monday against the Nationals.
    Ramirez is filling in for Eric Milton who will undergo knee surgery on Monday. The Reds are expected to juggle their bullpen so that Ramirez will go to the bullpen following the start and Matt Belisle will take the slot in the rotation
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

    Your Mom is happy.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25