Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Milton headed to surgery, DL

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    He is babysitting Williams.
    Fixed it for you.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

The surgery shouldn't take long. There isn't much cartilage left in that knee.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Hap
    Brian Reith was also waived by the Reds and then picked up by the Phillies and then waived by the Phillies and then back with the Reds in less than a month's time.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/r/reithbr01.shtml
    And apparently out of baseball now.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by membengal
    May's 6.81 ERA last year is "Milton-like" as far as I am concerned, as DanO traded for a damaged Milton ......
    Milton was signed as a FA.

Sorry. yes. of course, free agent.

I didn't even get past the first page before I was disgusted with this thread. Alot of the veteran posters should really think before you type. A player is hurt and going on the DL and the first thing you do is make smart-alec remarks about his "suckiness".

You should all (and you know who you are) be ashamed of yourselves. I really like Redszone.com and I have learned alot here but, sometimes with all the player-hating and negative vibe coming from alot of posters here it is really hard. Sometimes I swear this isn't Redszone anymore, it looks more like the old cincinnati.com forum.

Go ahead and ding my rep for this post all you want, it doesn't matter cause unless things start to change, I won't be here anymore.

I don't know if I am a veteran poster, but I am unapolgetic for hoping Milton takes a good 5 months to rehab this latest injury. I want him to be healthy as he looks ahead to retirement...

A player is hurt and going on the DL and the first thing you do is make smart-alec remarks about his "suckiness".
    A player who makes a quarter millon per start is a pretty big target when he hasn't performed up to said contract.

As for this not being "Redszone" I say complaining about Milton is more "redszone" than not.

Quote Originally Posted by redlegz
    I didn't even get past the first page before I was disgusted with this thread. Alot of the veteran posters should really think before you type. A player is hurt and going on the DL and the first thing you do is make smart-alec remarks about his "suckiness".

You should all (and you know who you are) be ashamed of yourselves. I really like Redszone.com and I have learned alot here but, sometimes with all the player-hating and negative vibe coming from alot of posters here it is really hard. Sometimes I swear this isn't Redszone anymore, it looks more like the old cincinnati.com forum.

Go ahead and ding my rep for this post all you want, it doesn't matter cause unless things start to change, I won't be here anymore.

Ummm....The only time "suckitude" was used was in reference to the knee condition.

Yes, the degenerative knee condition has caused the suckitude.

When a player is hurt, he doesn't play as well.

I think it's a fair assessment.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21
    Narron joked that he tried to ask Krivsky for Homer Bailey, but "he stopped me before the 'H'"
    This guy?

My kid OWNS him....

Just sayin'
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    Ummm....The only time "suckitude" was used was in reference to the knee condition.

Yes, the degenerative knee condition has caused the suckitude.

When a player is hurt, he doesn't play as well.

I think it's a fair assessment.

So someone asking if "suckitude" is covered by insurance is relevant? However you are correct when someone pointed out that the suckitude was caused by the knee condition, that was relevant and I agree with that.

We could all see in the last start that Milton didn't look the same as he did in ST and his first two starts of the season. I remember in the game thread people were stating that something was wrong and that they thought he was hurt. Yes by all means that is relevant.

I'd say that, in general, if a post doesn't break the rules of the board, preaching against it is pretty fruitless.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by redlegz
    So someone asking if "suckitude" is covered by insurance is relevant? However you are correct when someone pointed out that the suckitude was caused by the knee condition, that was relevant and I agree with that.

We could all see in the last start that Milton didn't look the same as he did in ST and his first two starts of the season. I remember in the game thread people were stating that something was wrong and that they thought he was hurt. Yes by all means that is relevant.

I made the post you're referring to, I believe. And to be truthful, it's the kind of post that used to drive me crazy too.

But I've kind of gotten used to the concept that when someone around here says a player "sucks", I don't believe they mean it personally. It's pretty much about performance. Last year he sucked, massively.

I don't wish him any bad luck or ill will. He may be the nicest guy in the world. And it may well have been due to his knee injury, I don't know.

Likewise, when a player is playing "great", that doesn't necessarily mean he's a good guy. Barry Bonds, for instance.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan
    What I'd really like to see is Belisle for a few starts with Lizard as the long man
    Belisle is the Jeckyl to Dave William's Mr. Hyde.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan
    What I'd really like to see is Belisle for a few starts with Lizard as the long man

Looks like you are going to get your wish after today's game.

Elizardo Ramirez will start Monday against the Nationals.
    Ramirez is filling in for Eric Milton who will undergo knee surgery on Monday. The Reds are expected to juggle their bullpen so that Ramirez will go to the bullpen following the start and Matt Belisle will take the slot in the rotation
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?