Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave Bush

Dave Bush

9.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 2 BBs, 9 Ks.

Not a bad showing by the guy I cyber-drafted in round 2 of the '02 draft.

Attaboy, Dave.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dave Bush

Wake Forest catcher eh?

The Blue jays really flubbed that trade.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    The Blue jays really flubbed that trade.
    No kidding. I couldn't understand what Ricciardi was thinking when the trade was made.

The Brewers got Dave Bush, Gabe Gross, and Zach Jackson for Lyle Overbay. Bush looked really good yesterday, I love that curveball.

The Reds got Dave Williams for Sean Casey.

Had O'Brien traded Casey after 2004 everyone suggested then the Reds could have probably gotten a return like that. Well, nevermind, not if O'Brien made the trade.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Riccardi was down on Bush for a number of months last season. He was struggling a bit early on last year (but overall wasn'y that bad, I think around a 4.50 ERA) and was sent down even though he was far from their worst pitcher.

He was a pitcher I wanted the Reds to target. He could have been had cheaply in some trade and would have given us a fairly good picther. Too bad.

Also, Jerome Williams seems to be given the same treatment by the Cubbies. I would love to get him in some deal. Last year he was gotten cheaply by the Cubs for Hawkins. Williams would give us a decent 4th pitcher without giving up a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns
    Also, Jerome Williams seems to be given the same treatment by the Cubbies. I would love to get him in some deal. Last year he was gotten cheaply by the Cubs for Hawkins. Williams would give us a decent 4th pitcher without giving up a whole lot.
    Good idea. I like Jerome Williams too. The Cubbies need a 1B to plug in while Lee is out, maybe a package of either Hatteburg/Aurilia and maybe a prospect would get it done?
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Walker is doing a pretty good job filling in for Lee offensively. The Cubs aren't going to trade Williams for scrap pieces like Aurilia or Hatteberg.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life
    Walker is doing a pretty good job filling in for Lee offensively. The Cubs aren't going to trade Williams for scrap pieces like Aurilia or Hatteberg.
    Seems to me the Baby Bears have a debris fixation. No telling what "proven veteran" will float their boat.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

It seems the Cubs view Williams as a scrap piece, also, since they can't find a place for him even with Wood and Prior out.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Aurillia and Hatteberg aren't stars, but they are far from scrap pieces. THey are both contributing to the majors best offensive team.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Dusty loves a good veteran presence as much as any manager around (see Perez, Neifi) so I think you can always offer some veteran scrappiness to him but I think he knows he is on a short leash and will have to make due with more young players this year.

williams seems like a righthanded Claussen, not consistent but can look good for short periods of time.
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    It seems the Cubs view Williams as a scrap piece, also, since they can't find a place for him even with Wood and Prior out.
    What are you talking about? Williams is in the Cubs starting rotation? How is that considered not being able to find a spot for him?

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

What are you talking about? Williams is in the Cubs starting rotation? How is that considered not being able to find a spot for him?
    I thought that I heard Williams was shipped out to AAA last week. I'll have to double check on that now.

Actually, it was yesterday

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/m...=.jsp&c_id=chc
    Last edited by traderumor; 04-24-2006 at 05:11 PM.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

I hadn't heard that. He pitched against the Cardinals over the weekend. He had a horrible start though, so maybe they sent him to AAA after his start.

Turn Off Ads?