Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dustin Moseley

Dustin Moseley

As one who shrugged his shoulders at losing Dustin when I still thought Ortiz had something to offer, which I was admittedly wrong on that, this oughta make a fan of an org. devoid of young pitching prospects a little ill:

Line so far for the Salt Lake Bees (AAA, PCL, Angels):

3-0, 1.59 ERA, 17IP, 11H, 17K, 5 BB, 2 HR
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?
    smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Re: Dustin Moseley

How old is Dustin now?
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

DOB 12/26/81, so just turned 24

A 1st round HS pitcher that might actually make the majors---for somebody else. Good idea to flip them, I guess, but for better than Ramon Ortiz. Another fine DanO move.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Trade rumor, contrary to popular belief, a lot of first round HS pitchers make it to the big leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    As one who shrugged his shoulders at losing Dustin when I still thought Ortiz had something to offer, which I was admittedly wrong on that, this oughta make a fan of an org. devoid of young pitching prospects a little ill:

Uh, TR,Germano, The Lizard. Already got plenty of "Moseleys" inside the Reds. It is having the talents of Homer Bailey's of the world which the Reds lack in the upper minors and what we sorely need.

He bombed badly last year after the trade though didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Trade rumor, contrary to popular belief, a lot of first round HS pitchers make it to the big leagues.
    Dude, you've just opened up a can of worms. That is a topic that has been hashed out many times. A search oughta reveal some really interesting discussions already on the books.

Actually, the chance that they succeed isnt so good, especially prior to 2000, but the chance that they make it to the big leagues is no where near as bad as you would be lead to believe. Most of them prior to 2000 however have turned out to be a reliever. I have researched this myself, so I dont need to search the boards for it.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

PCL's got a really big rep for being a pitcher's league, IIRC. I might be dead wrong about that, though.

Either way, I wasn't terribly pleased to lose Dustin Mosely, but he would've been crowded out in AAA by "O'Brien Guys" like Germano and Ramirez and never given a fair shake anyway, I have a hunch.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Actually, the chance that they succeed isnt so good, especially prior to 2000, but the chance that they make it to the big leagues is no where near as bad as you would be lead to believe. Most of them prior to 2000 however have turned out to be a reliever. I have researched this myself, so I dont need to search the boards for it.
    Ok, I'll rephrase. Make it to the bigs and have a significant career. It's really what I was thinking, anyhow, just didn't phrase it that way. Also, you might want to consider opposing opinions, even if you disagree with them, and even if you consider yourself an expert on the topic. Maybe you've heard them all before, but at least you know where the view is coming from, since I can see you will probably have something to say in this year's draft thread, where the debate happens every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    PCL's got a really big rep for being a pitcher's league, IIRC. I might be dead wrong about that, though.

Either way, I wasn't terribly pleased to lose Dustin Mosely, but he would've been crowded out in AAA by "O'Brien Guys" like Germano and Ramirez and never given a fair shake anyway, I have a hunch.
    I was thinking it was the opposite.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Hey. He can hit!
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

I hated the Ortiz trade then. Still hate it now.

Ok, I'll rephrase. Make it to the bigs and have a significant career. It's really what I was thinking, anyhow, just didn't phrase it that way. Also, you might want to consider opposing opinions, even if you disagree with them, and even if you consider yourself an expert on the topic. Maybe you've heard them all before, but at least you know where the view is coming from, since I can see you will probably have something to say in this year's draft thread, where the debate happens every year.
    I consider other opinions all the time. I doubt I will have much to say in the draft thread becuase I tend to let things settle with the draft and let the players get at least that first half of a season in before even trying to figure out what someone was thinking taking a player where they did. There are still quite a few good arms who were high school first round draftees in the 90's but I really think you will begin to see a lot more of them now that teams are in general, taking better care of these young arms than they used to.

Turn Off Ads?