Turn Off Ads?

Thread: My Rants...

My Rants...

I'm not a great poster - but i do post and show you how I feel most of the time.... I'm more less into game threads and small threads but not much into the stats part of the site.

But anyways.. My rants... The Good Stuff.

I thought 700 WLW Extra Innings was suppose to be about Reds baseball?! I got in my car today at 6:05 PM - and drove home. As I pulled into the drive way at 6:35 I finally hear the final of the game. In thsoe 30 mins we had a caller call up and say we shouldn't bring up Homer as Tracey wants.

Then we had Carla - Carla thinks Tracey is rude, crude, disrepectful, the whole 9 yards. And Carla doesn't like Rick from Indian Hill. She wouldn't shut up about the guy.. THey talked for 15 mins....

Then He calls in and gets right on the air with Tracey and does his crap...

All and All - I listed to crap for 30 mins today while waiting on the Reds score to be said.... Thanks Tracey. You are the man. :thumbdown

Harrang - Complete Game Shut-Out on 3 days Rest. Need I say more?

Milton - I caught the pregame show from 1:10 to 1:20 and caught that Milton was going to get his knee scoped.. Its a shame, I wanted to see him turn it around this year.. Hopefully he misses no more then a month and starts pitching like he did during the spring.

BP - Brandon is WHITE hott right now.. Wow... Can we pllllllease get a postion change for either JR or Dunner? To let Freel and Brandon play everyday.

Freel, Lopez, JR, Kearns, Dunn, EE, BP, LaRue - Come'on - Only Person that is really old out there is JR - We replace him in the next couple years.. We gonna have a good power line up - I don't care about Dunners K's.

Last one.... Should Homer get a shot with the big ball club? Tracey say'n he is throwing a 97 mph heater and a curve that is locking people up. Tracey also went onto say - If someone is throwing 97 they should be in the MLB no matter what (i'm guessing with control) - But throwing stright 97 with no movement isn't that little but of a problem?

Anyways - Glad to see the Reds turn it around down and post a 11-0 shut out on the Brewers.. Onto DC with the boys... Lets get 2 out of 3 from em.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: My Rants...

That's pretty much what you get with extra innings, it's just like msot of the stuff 700 puts on the air except with a baseball name, the real sports talk is over on 1360.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    That's pretty much what you get with extra innings, it's just like msot of the stuff 700 puts on the air except with a baseball name, the real sports talk is over on 1360.
    I'm with Krono on this one.

I thought the same thing, he needs to talk baseball, not social problems.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

1360 is horrible. Talk radio isn't really impressive anywhere. In my opinion.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

in fairness, only option for alleged reds talk after the game was EI, and RedsMan is quite correct, Jones' act was more execrable than usual. It was a full 30 minutes of puerile drivel, and enough to make me turn it off. I don't know why he continues to be allowed to pollute the airwaves with that program. God forbid someone would actually, ya know, talk about the Reds on a Reds program.

I've never really had a problem with Jones before.. He has always talked Reds.. As long as you are talkin Reds or Major League Baseball i'm fine... But I was upset to wait 30 mins today to find out the Reds score... Even thou I pretty much knew they already won.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by membengal
    I don't know why he continues to be allowed to pollute the airwaves with that program.
    "he played the game"
    Go Gators!

Anybody have Jones email addy? I can't find it on 700wlw website.. He said it today... But i cannot remember it for the life of me.

Jockstocks Homepage

I cant stick my head in this argument because im not from Cincinnati and dont listen to WLW (dont have XM yet) everyday. But when i make it to my 5-10 games per year i always listen to WLW. They do go on about all kinds of other stuff but they still talk baseball for the majority of it.

I live in Charleston, WV. The Kanawha Valley is full of Reds fans and baseball fans for that fact. And they NEVER talk about the Reds on the radio. WCHS 580 picks the games up which is nice but thats it. Its college football time all year long here. Yes, I am a WVU fan, I was at the Sugar Bowl, I go to a few college games a year, But i could careless about a WVU student spying on Marshall practices. Actually I could careless about the WVU vs. Marshall game coming in September. Thats all we hear about in WV and we are a big part of the Cincinnati Reds market. ITS BASEBALL SEASON. Talk Cincinnati Reds baseball. Just talk baseball.

Be thankful you get to listen to people talking about baseball and not every other sport.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203
    Last one.... Should Homer get a shot with the big ball club? Tracey say'n he is throwing a 97 mph heater and a curve that is locking people up. Tracey also went onto say - If someone is throwing 97 they should be in the MLB no matter what (i'm guessing with control) - But throwing stright 97 with no movement isn't that little but of a problem?
    "Good against remotes is one thing. Good against the living, that's something else."

Give Homer a little more time down on Dagobah with Yoda before calling him up.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Bailey still isn't getting out A ballers. But he's gonna come up and dominate major league hitters. Like George Strait said, "I got some ocean front property in Arizona."
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

EI is always strange on Sundays. I usually do not listen to it unless I am driving and last year Tracy was going on and on with guy who said he had a drinking problem. This guy seemed to be a semi regular caller. Tracy seemed to be more interested in the guy and his drinking habits than his take on the game. Of course it would not surprise me one iota if some of these calls are fakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

It's all about XM radio, folks.

It's the only place to get what you need.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Actually, living in Memphis, XM is the reason I heard that crap today. As much as I love XM, I felt betrayed.

Turn Off Ads?