Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imminent trade?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Imminent trade?

I don't want to steal Savafan's thunder but in the Cody Ross post Savafan mentioned a possible imminent trade with the Dodgers. Here is the link, and Moderators please feel to merge this post.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=mlb
    Last edited by SanDiegoRed; 04-23-2006 at 09:24 PM.
    Baseball is life

Re: Imminent trade?

I've always loved Cody Ross from his days in Detroit. I think he would be a better option than a guy like McCracken..even then you can DFA "walmack" :P
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

I haven't seen Ross play, but according to his numbers, I don't see him bringing to the table anything more than Denorfia.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    I haven't seen Ross play, but according to his numbers, I don't see him bringing to the table anything more than Denorfia.
    I think they're fine with leaving Denorfia in Louisville to get ABs right now. So the issue isn't with Ross vs Denorfia. I think the issue is Womack vs Ross? Who will contribute more to our team?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    No, but he would bring more than QM

got alil captain in u?

if it's womack for ross do it in a heart beat this kid can hit from wat i've seen the game before he got designated he kiled the ball

I see another trade for a player to me named later. Kriv is building a master mind game with other teams.

My question though it the play of Phillips going to base what the Tribe get as the PTBL.

I would say the same thing about a Ross trade.

Has anyone heard what list the Indians have to pick from based on Phillips play with the Reds?
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

If Krivsky can get Ross from LA for Womack after getting Arroyo for Wily Mo, I'm very encouraged about Krivsky's negotiation skills. Dan O'Brien appeared to get fleeced whenever he traded with anyone not named Ed Wade. A good and aggressive GM could restock the team quickly with a series of Phillips and Ross type moves. The test will be whether he can bring back pitching in some of these deals (other than Arroyo, for which he gets a gold star so far). Here's hoping.

The guy can hit for power, and apparently has a good arm and can steal a base. He threw a perfect game in high school and led the Eastern League in assists in 2002. Maybe he can handle some centerfield?

Gotta see who the Reds would have to relinquish, but I like the guy enough. Interesting that Krivsky seems to be targeting players that teams have to make tough decisions on. That's probably a good thing.

I wouldn't say power as he has been in the PCL of late, but he did show pop in Toledo which is more representative.

Posted a note from BA on him on the original Ross thread where this blurb was already being discussed.

looking a cody ross' career minor league numbers, he seems to be very similar to denorfia. Ross might have a little bit more power, but I am unsure about his ability to play CF. While I agree that if Ross was picked up it would not be a case of Ross vs. Denorfia, I can't help but to think that Denorfia could possibly be packaged in a deal for some pitching help.

Btw, I have seen Ross described as "scrappy"

Does a PTBNl Work like an NFl draft pick?That is depending on a players production
    you get a higher pick.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullboat
    Does a PTBNl Work like an NFl draft pick?That is depending on a players production
    you get a higher pick.
    No, it doesn't. Phillips' play doesn't really have a bearing on what player the Indians get in return.

Most of the time on PTBNL deals, the teams agree on a pool of players that the eventual player will be chosen from. Then they have a set number of days to name him,

Quote Originally Posted by johngalt
    No, it doesn't. Phillips' play doesn't really have a bearing on what player the Indians get in return.

Most of the time on PTBNL deals, the teams agree on a pool of players that the eventual player will be chosen from. Then they have a set number of days to name him,

Thanks johngalt
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullboat
    you get a higher pick.
    There has been several cases where it has depended on the player who has been traded production. A famous case was years ago when Bowden was trying to pry Hector Carasco from the Marlins. He sent them Chris Hammond for a PTBNL and said that if Hammond won 10 or more games, the Fish would send Carrasco to the Reds. Hammond did end up winning at least 10 games, and the Fish reluctantly gave up Carrasco.

But not all PTBNL trades are based like that.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?