Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: When will you start to believe if these things happen?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe now! Central Title!

6 12.24%
  • First place after May

5 10.20%
  • First place after June

16 32.65%
  • First place after July

7 14.29%
  • First place after August

4 8.16%
  • I'll believe it when our magic number is zero

11 22.45%

Thread: When will you believe?

When will you believe?

If these scenarios happened, when will you start to believe that the Reds might win the central?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: When will you believe?

When the first pitch is thrown in the division series.
    Go Gators!

I'll believe we aren't the team of last year when we have that bad game or road trip and we bounce back with a great home stand and win games instead of going into hibernation and losing more.

More less - when we lose big or a tough game.. We come back the next day and win.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

I'll believe when I can look at a rotation with three pitchers whom I consider good and two guys who won't erupt on a frequent basis to go with them. A deeper pen would help too.

This team is still roughly two starters and two relievers away from being built to last. If Brian Shackelford can step up, that would be huge. I'm not sure any of the AA relievers can make the jump to help the pen.

On the starting front, a lot might hinge on Phil Dumatrait giving the team a boost in the second half of the season.

The Reds are equipped to win battles. When it comes to winning a war, don't look at the map of where you've been. Look at your troops, weapons and supply lines and ask if you're equipped for what's coming next.

In 1986 the Baltimore Orioles were 59-47 on August 5th. They had the second-best record in the AL and were only 2.5 games behind the Red Sox. They'd outscored their opponents 497-450. After that they went 14-42 and they finished dead last in the AL East. Now the Reds are a wholly different ballclub, but the point I'm trying to make here is that a team that isn't equipped for a 162-game war will find its Waterloo moment. I contend the 1979 Houston Astros discovered the same thing. That team lacked the offensive juice to hold onto what looked like a mortal lock on July 4 of that season.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?