Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Omar V. and Jose Mesa

Omar V. and Jose Mesa

Mesa threw at Omar again today, when the Giants visited the Rockies. As many Tribe die-hards know, this started several years ago when Omar wrote in his book that Mesa "choked away the World Series" or something to that effect, and Mesa has absolutely HATED Omar with a passion since then. The last time they met, I believe Omar was with the Indians and Mesa was with the Phillies.

Mesa has seriously threatened Omar several times, and said after he hit Omar as a Phillie maybe 3-4 years ago that he would do it again, and I think it's ironic that they met again this weekend in 2006, and Mesa stayed true to his word by plunking little O who he despises!

Something funny I noticed this weekend that I thought others might too......

Just a short story on Jose Mesa and the type of character we are dealing with here. The guy is a spaz, a weirdo, a complete sketch ball. Besides this story, and forcing a finger into an underage girl while he was driving, old Mesa tried to pull a fast one on my best friend and me at a Reds game two seasons ago. He was sitting down in the bullpen, and on the bench in the Cincinnati Reds Great American Ballpark. My friend hollered at him to get a picture or something leaning over the bullpen and Mesa gave him a stare down like he wanted to kill him. It was an unbelievably evil glare and that was all I needed to see.

Mesa had an opened gym bag next to him and in that gym bag? Not athletic tape, not steroids, nothing of the sort. Wanna know what was in it? No joke: A snickers bar, gummy savers, a butterfinger, and a kit kat bar. Swear on my life. Now either the guy has a serious disorder in which he needs mass amounts of sugar, or he at that time (which he appeared to be over weight) he had a serious sweet tooth. So we began of course teasing him about the candy bag, I mean here he is a world class athlete, and he's got a bag chalked full of candy, looked like he'd just went trick or treating in July. He began to scowl and stare again like he was going to come up in the stands and kill us, and of course it just angered me more because he could have been friendly to begin with. So long story short after teasing him about his butterfinger got boring, I brought out the big fella. I said "hey george watch this"

I asked Mesa about what happened in game 7, 1997. I asked him several times and asked him if he knew why the Indians hadn't won a World Series in the last 50 years. I finished it off by saying the answer is you amigo. Well we sat down and about an inning later a security guard walks up to us and trys to exit our butts of the premisis because "We spit on Jose Mesa, Jose Mesa says you two spit on him."

I asked george if he did it, knowing full well he did not because I would have seem him do it and he wouldn't lie to me. He said no way man. NO way would I spit on another human being. They investigated and found out we were not spitters and didn't do it and let us stay in the game.

Just thought I'd share that not only is he fat, addicted to candy bars, and a choke artist, but this guy is a scary, sadistic individual. Hope he gets suspended for life from baseball. He should be in prison for what he did to that young girl.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Omar V. and Jose Mesa

I finished it off by saying the answer is you amigo.
    Jose Mesa was at the Bay of Pigs and Roswell too... he also had a key to the Watergate Hotel in that bag didn't he?

A Lost Ball In High Weeds shredda2000's Avatar

I asked george if he did it, knowing full well he did not because I would have seem him do it and he wouldn't lie to me. He said no way man. NO way would I spit on another human being. They investigated and found out we were not spitters and didn't do it and let us stay in the game.
    Maybe is was the spitter behind the grassy knoll???

Jose Mesa killed Kennedy. He was the sniper.

I was unaware of this situation until I watched BT last night (for the first time this year) and heard HR relate the saga.

It's actually kind of bazaar, and I'm surprised that it's been allowed to go on this long. Obviously Mesa does not heed what he is told (sounds like he hasn't for a long time). As the umpires, despite repeated warnings, appear to be unable to control him (they should eject him but obviously choose not to for some reason.), isn't it time for MLB to step in?

MLB should not allow Mesa to pitch against Omar's team and, in addition, he should be given some kind of MEANINGFUL punishment (and not a fine; we all know these guys have money to burn if they so choose to).

This thing is totally out of control and should not be allowed to continue.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?