Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brad Lidge needs help

Man Pills

Brad Lidge needs help

The Stros don't have many weaknesses at all. But Brad Lidge is going to be a permanent problem for them I'm afraid. Grand salami to Nomar tonight against the Dodgers.

(1/2 game back?)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brad Lidge needs help

13-7 vs. 13-6 0 yep FCB.... 1/2 back.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    The Stros don't have many weaknesses at all. But Brad Lidge is going to be a permanent problem for them I'm afraid. Grand salami to Nomar tonight against the Dodgers.

(1/2 game back?)
    Lidge hasnt been pitching to good lately... time to get him while his stock is low. :

Man Pills

He's been walking a very fine line so far. He's already surrendered three dingers on the young season.

He's not dominating so far this season, but before tonight he still only had like a 3.50 ERA and 1.17 WHIP or something right around there, so he wasn't struggling too bad.

He's not pitching as well as he usually does, but I don't expect him to continue his mediocrity for too long.
    "If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, why do they even keep score?"

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

This weekend could (and should) be the battle for first place!!

I'll take Mr. Lidge on my team anyday.

As Tracy Jones says -- If someone is throwing 97 mph they are very very hard to hit and should be in the big leagues.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Everytime I've seen Lidge he has been totally nasty, yet I always seem to hear this growing grumbling about him. Has he been sketchy since the Pujols hr or what?

Man Pills

Sure, it may be too early to tell, but he's got like 7 BBs in 10 2/3 innings. The K's are there, but you can tell just watching the guy that he's nibbling against the big hitters.

The brain is a funny thing. One slight doubt or hesitation on the part of a pitcher can reduce the hardest throwers to ashes. Mark Wohlers, for example.

I've always thought he threw too many sliders. That's tough on an arm over long periods of time. Few arms can handle that. It's too early to tell if this is abberation or pattern, but I've always thought he's a serious injury risk.

White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

You had to figure there was a reason they were shopping him not so secretively this past offseason. I couldn't believe it when I first heard it, but his value was not going to get much higher, and they appear to really like Dan Wheeler & Chad Qualls.

He's still dominant at times, but he's also been vulnerable at a much higher rate.
    "I fought because I understood and could not bear to understand, that it was my destiny -- unlike that of my father, whose fate it was to hear the roar of the crowd -- to sit in the stands with most men and acclaim others. It was my fate, my destiny, my end, to be a fan."

IMO, the Astros are in major trouble. The club's off to a flying start, but I agree that Lidge looks like a shell of his former self and that an implosion seems imminent. Qualls has been horrible so far. In fact, the Houston bullpen is carrying around 6.96 ERA at the moment and I'm not convinced it's got the personnel to get itself righted.

Beyond that, Wandy Rodriguez, Brandon Backe and Taylor Buchholz are going to fall apart soon enough in the rotation.

Also, Craig Biggio and Morgan Ensberg will cool off and there's no one in that lineup to pick up the slack when they do.

IMO, the Astros have got a glass jaw this season.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    This weekend could (and should) be the battle for first place!!

Me and the Fiance and my little sis are going friday night!!!!

BTW Coffey should be the closer from now on, the guy is throwing 96 on the gun. He is nasty.

M2, you havent been watching too many Astros/ Reds games the last 5 years have you.

You said that after Ensberg and Biggio there is no one to pick up the slack?

1 name.. Reds fans know it well... L A N C E B E R K M A N This guy owns the Reds, period.

Biggio will cool off, But Morgan Ensberg is the real deal, he wont hit 90 homers but he is on his way to 40+ this season.

Ya'll keep taking the Astros lightly.
    Rabid Astros Fan !

Lidge is not locating his fastball for strikes and not trusting his fastball to start off hitters anymore. It seems like hitters can distinguish his slider from his fastball much better now, and they are laying off the slider and waiting for him to leave a heater up. Of course that still doesn't explain allowing a HR to Podsednik in the WS.

Turn Off Ads?